Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

1/18 display angle stands? Help Please.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1/18 display angle stands? Help Please.

Hi all, I have 3 Ertl 1/18 scale cars that I want to mount up on a wall. Anyone have a source? I was thinking something like a clear plastic piece angled with mounting holes, however open to other styles if not? Thanks for any help or links!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM
formula1nut
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sixty4
Hi all, I have 3 Ertl 1/18 scale cars that I want to mount up on a wall. Anyone have a source? I was thinking something like a clear plastic piece angled with mounting holes, however open to other styles if not? Thanks for any help or links!
You might be making things way too hard for yourself. If you do not want the case there is a super simple way to do it. Take a look under the model and you will see the suspension A arms. I insert a 2 1/2 inch nail in the wall such that the nail "snags" the inside of the front upper A Arm, in effect hooking it. For the rear I either do the same thing or simply use a second nail such that the inside of the upper rear tire rests on it, so that you get the angle you want. The front is more than enough to secure it. This is a bit difficult to describe but is super simple. I have probably 50 mounted like this and in 30 years never had one come down. I will try to take and send pictures.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by formula1nut
You might be making things way too hard for yourself. If you do not want the case there is a super simple way to do it. Take a look under the model and you will see the suspension A arms. I insert a 2 1/2 inch nail in the wall such that the nail "snags" the inside of the front upper A Arm, in effect hooking it. For the rear I either do the same thing or simply use a second nail such that the inside of the upper rear tire rests on it, so that you get the angle you want. The front is more than enough to secure it. This is a bit difficult to describe but is super simple. I have probably 50 mounted like this and in 30 years never had one come down. I will try to take and send pictures.
Would love to see pics if you get a moment. Sounds like a cleaner look than what I was after.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:30 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Default Maybe these photos will nelp

Originally Posted by sixty4
Would love to see pics if you get a moment. Sounds like a cleaner look than what I was after.
These photos should give you an idea, The one is an attempt to show the nail position and size.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:31 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Default more photos

These photos should give you an idea, The one is an attempt to show the nail position and size.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:32 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Default Last photo: Nails

Old 08-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Comp Cam 1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Oh heck Yes . Thank you for taking the time to put up the photos! I was way out thinking this!

Get notified of new replies

To 1/18 display angle stands? Help Please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1/18 display angle stands? Help Please.