Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Pinks...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 302 Likes on 136 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Pinks...

What a surprise!!!!...I heard a guy from Orlando was running his badazz Alchahol Chevy II on tonights show ...I've seen the car and know it runs 8's so I watched...lo and behold, who is he running?...my friend Jimmy Strobel in his vette, a 64 coupe

Jimmy has a 632 BB with a 500 shot...both cars make over 1500 HP each.. ...they were running on 10" tires...the first run was heads up and NUTS!

The Nova jumped the start illegally and got out by 2 lengths...Jimmy took off after him anyway and almost hit the wall on his right at about 800'...he stayed in it and was all over the track but still beat the Nova by 2 cars...right after the finish line the vette swerved left, just missed the Nova and almost hit that wall...Holy Crap!!!!...

They pulled back around and Jimmy's vette caught on fire from a short in the clock wire... ...he and his Dad wrench the car themselves and they were able to pull out the wire and run again in the 15 minute time limit...

Both drivers agreed the track wouldn't hold the power they were making so race # 2 was at 1/8 mile...the Nova refused a spot and wanted Jimmy heads up again...a manly man but not too bright...

Jimmy beat him by 1/2 length and was up 2-0...time for round 3...

This time the Nova wanted Jimmy to run on one stage only...he agreed and beat the Nova by 2 lengths...turns out the vette hooked better and spun less with a 250 shot taken out of the car....

I saw Jimmy run mid 7's at 178 mph at the Outlaw Nationals last fall...he had just put a Lenco in the car that day and wound up qualifying 6th and finishing 4th in Heavy Street....

For those of you who remember, this is the car that was stolen from a rest stop on I-4 after a Bradenton event a couple of years ago...it was found in Miami months later all messed up...turns out a State Road Ranger had stolen it and sold the car and trailer to a drug dealer...Jimmy's Dad bought the car brand new in 1964....

Congrats Jimmy and your Dad...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
What a surprise!!!!...I heard a guy from Orlando was running his badazz Alchahol Chevy II on tonights show ...I've seen the car and know it runs 8's so I watched...lo and behold, who is he running?...my friend Jimmy Strobel in his vette, a 64 coupe

Jimmy has a 632 BB with a 500 shot...both cars make over 1500 HP each.. ...they were running on 10" tires...the first run was heads up and NUTS!

The Nova jumped the start illegally and got out by 2 lengths...Jimmy took off after him anyway and almost hit the wall on his right at about 800'...he stayed in it and was all over the track but still beat the Nova by 2 cars...right after the finish line the vette swerved left, just missed the Nova and almost hit that wall...Holy Crap!!!!...

They pulled back around and Jimmy's vette caught on fire from a short in the clock wire... ...he and his Dad wrench the car themselves and they were able to pull out the wire and run again in the 15 minute time limit...

Both drivers agreed the track wouldn't hold the power they were making so race # 2 was at 1/8 mile...the Nova refused a spot and wanted Jimmy heads up again...a manly man but not too bright...

Jimmy beat him by 1/2 length and was up 2-0...time for round 3...

This time the Nova wanted Jimmy to run on one stage only...he agreed and beat the Nova by 2 lengths...turns out the vette hooked better and spun less with a 250 shot taken out of the car....

I saw Jimmy run mid 7's at 178 mph at the Outlaw Nationals last fall...he had just put a Lenco in the car that day and wound up qualifying 6th and finishing 4th in Heavy Street....

For those of you who remember, this is the car that was stolen from a rest stop on I-4 after a Bradenton event a couple of years ago...it was found in Miami months later all messed up...turns out a State Road Ranger had stolen it and sold the car and trailer to a drug dealer...Jimmy's Dad bought the car brand new in 1964....

Congrats Jimmy and your Dad...
Road Ranger? You mean one of the guys with a can of gas or a jack? So did your guy end up with the other guys car?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 302 Likes on 136 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Yup...the road ranger guy that is supposed to help folks hooked up Jimmy's rig and took off!...sold it for drugs...

I haven't talked to Jimmy but I'll se him next month at the Outlaws, I'm sure...his vette has been in the family since it was new so I can't imagine him racing for pinks...especially with what he's gone through to put it back together...could have been a big money race but I don't know yet...last I heard Jimmy had a Z06 with a 200 shot as his daily driver...just for those times when he doesn't want to go fast...lol..

p.s. the older guy wearing the bandana is Jimmy's Dad...they are super nice folks...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Special K
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
Yup...the road ranger guy that is supposed to help folks hooked up Jimmy's rig and took off!...sold it for drugs...

I haven't talked to Jimmy but I'll se him next month at the Outlaws, I'm sure...his vette has been in the family since it was new so I can't imagine him racing for pinks...especially with what he's gone through to put it back together...could have been a big money race but I don't know yet...last I heard Jimmy had a Z06 with a 200 shot as his daily driver...just for those times when he doesn't want to go fast...lol..

p.s. the older guy wearing the bandana is Jimmy's Dad...they are super nice folks...
Let me know what the real deal was for the pinks. Thanks Dan.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:47 AM
73C34me
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Saw it. The best show yet, by far.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:54 AM
ralph
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Was talking to Chrisy on the phone on the way home from the track last night and he hung up on me when the show came back after commerial. Now i know why
Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 PM
73jst4fun
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was one of the best Pinks yet.... that 64 hauls.......
Old 09-23-2005, 10:34 AM
onefast99
Melting Slicks

That was a great show, it had all the things a grudge match should have. The cars were pretty nice also. I think that show should take the place of Martha Stewarts apprentice, it will get better ratings...

Get notified of new replies

To Pinks...

Quick Reply: Pinks...