Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Wheel of Fortune..or..Dialing for Dollars...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 300 Likes on 136 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Wheel of Fortune..or..Dialing for Dollars...

Tonight was the next to last race in the Summit Points Series at Orlando Speedworld...it was 1/4 mile night and I had just raced Bradenton 2 weeks ago at 1/4 so I had some runs to use for dial in purposes...

It was a long night since we had four oil downs to contend with...on to my usual fiasco... ...my first time shot was real good..too good, in fact...the car ran 13.79 off a deep stage which is a full 5/10 faster than two weeks ago at Bradenton when I ran 14.29...ruh roh...here comes dial in hell again...the good news is I had a .010 light...

My second time shot I am hoping to run somewhere near my first but....alas....I am graced with a 13.99 with a .064 red since my car pushed through the beams on the converter.....sheesh....I didn't bother with the dartboard for dialing (trademark CFI-EFI) and went right to the big Vegas wheel...I spun it real good and it said dial a hard 13.97 since my opponent was dialed 11.63....he is the current points leader and drives a Plymouth Barracuda circa 70's with giant slicks and skinnies..a pure untitled bracket car that is deadly...I am not worried a bit though since I beat him last May...

I leave first, of course, and I am running good...he is chasing real hard and catches me at the finish line...he taps the brake and I run it out the back door...he gets the win light and it turns out I treed him with a .046 light to his .078....I ran 14.09 with an 8 and he ran 11.64 with a 0...I never had a chance since, once again, my devil car ran way off the number...he happens to be a good guy and a very good racer so I don't feel too bad but I only wish I could take advantage of the lights I have been cutting lately...

One more race left in the series, next Saturday, at the 1/8 mile distance...maybe things will go my way for a change... ..I am not holding my breath but I'll give it everything I have...

Some of you may wonder why I even bother to keep racing this car...truth is I won't have it after this year so I'm racing it as much as possible.... since I won't have the car next year I won't put money into it to fix the problems it has and, lastly, I race it just for my love of drag racing....oh yeah, I committed to this series and I always finish what I start...if, by some miracle I get to keep the car, the first thing I will do is scan the living crap out of it to find out what the heck is going on...then I'll fix it and then I'll kick some serious butt with it...
Old 09-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Fuzzy, nice 1st light, sorry the yak did not hold up for you, We wish you were at Bradenton since after the CC challenge, we went to Sonny's. As usual, the lessons learned were hard and swift. but nothing broke. Good luck next week to you.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 300 Likes on 136 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Thanks R.J....you keep getting seat time and you will be going rounds in no time...Sonny's sounds good...all I got was a snickers bar on the way home...lol
Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Did ok, had Oliver in the first round, he had red one, pulled Candace in the second and they had changed the carb due to a leak I think, and I had a decent light to save my a$$, then Had Tracy in the 3rd and Lady luck quit riding with me. Had a good time and picked up a few more tips/pointers from Glen and company.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel of Fortune..or..Dialing for Dollars...

Quick Reply: Wheel of Fortune..or..Dialing for Dollars...