Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

How much camber do you run in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How much camber do you run in the rear?

Just wondering how much camber I should be running in the rear to maximize tire contact at launch. the car is a C5Z06. I would think if I set the camber at 0, then when the car launched and the weight transfers onto the rear, the camber will become more negative and reduce the contact patch. Maybe I am over thinking this, so someone please tell me what I should set my rear camber at.
Thanks
Chris
Old 12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It depends on which side the return road turn-off is at.

Camber?! WTF is camber?! I think you meant to post in AutoX, no?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:19 PM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Paul_Z06
It depends on which side the return road turn-off is at.

Camber?! WTF is camber?! I think you meant to post in AutoX, no?
I an new to the game and was being serious. With all your experience, I am sure you have some recommendations. Should I set the rear at 0 camber or positive. Inquiring minds ant to know.
Thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HP_Addict
I an new to the game and was being serious. With all your experience, I am sure you have some recommendations. Should I set the rear at 0 camber or positive. Inquiring minds ant to know.
Thanks
Hint: The strongest/fastest rears are straight axles. What would you set them on?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:42 AM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my car aligned primarily for the drags. I don't know what the setting is, but its not zero. I posted this on forum previously, about 1 or 2 years ago. 0.5? In any case, it hooks HARD and NEVER wheel hops. Was a good mod.

Here we go. My post dated 5/2005
Front: -3/4 Camber, 6.25 Caster, 1/16" toe
Rear: 0 Toe, -1/2 Camber.

Last edited by 427CPE; 12-03-2007 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HP_Addict
Thanks
You and I are in completely different worlds. You are probably runing IRS while I had a solid axle. I'm sure our hp varies a little bit and I was running full slicks while you are either on street tires or drag radials.

Perhaps a description of your car would be helpful?

PS My post was meant as a joke, not a derogatory comment.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

-Paul
no offense taken, I knew you were joking. I was just trying to get an answer to my question. I have followed a lot of your posts, you have done some aweome things in a Vette. Surely you can remember back to the old days of the IRS. Here are the stats on my car:
02 Z06
MN12 Tranny
3.90 gears
Tex clutch
552 rwhp/496 rwtq
11.07@134 with 1.64 60'
CCW drag pkg with 26" ET streets

My camber is set at -1.25 on the front and rear. I am thinking about changing it to 0 this winter.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Problem is, my car didn't make a whole lot of progress when it had irs. Best it went was 9.87. We weren't paying much attention to alignment because every part of the drivetrain was breaking so that was our priority. The car was aligned to factory specs after it was completed but I'm not sure if that was the right decision.

Once I went to a solid rear we never bothered with the rear wheels. Leo aligned the fronts only.

Honestly, you should contact Leo Barnaby from Neverlift (NLRacecraft on the forum) for an opinion. He worked on my chassis/suspension and he made my car hook on a sheet of ice. Drop him a PM. He is very busy so don't expect a reply sae day or anything.

Get notified of new replies

To How much camber do you run in the rear?

Quick Reply: How much camber do you run in the rear?