Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Drag racing log book software

Old 05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
key
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag racing log book software

This started out for my own use but I've decided to let anyone use it who wants to. Basically it's a site that lets you log all of your runs and then analyze them to determine how you are performing. It's simple for now but if reception is good I will continue development on it and add features. The site is 100% free to anyone who wants to use it, and sign up only takes a minute - http://www.RacersLog.net

The site is new so if you run into issues, have a comment, or would like to see some new features, please use the "Contact Us" page and let me know. I will implement any new features that are in high demand and can add fields to the entry screen relatively easily. For instance someone on another forum requested D/A calculations and now there is an automatic feature that will fetch the weather conditions at the track you were running and fill in humidity/temp/pressure and D/A (you can still enter your own values if you want, though).

It is also compatible with smart phones (iPhone, Android phones), so if you have cell coverage at your track you could enter data into the site immediately after a run.

First shot is of the "Performance Report". This is basically a report of your performance over a given time period. You pick a date range and the site generates the report based on your runs within that range. In addition to what is shown in the screenshot there are graphs on this page that show your 1/4MPH & ET and your 1/8MPH & ET over the date range (so you can tell if you are improving):

There are also custom graphs available. For instance, you could generate a graph that shows your 60' time relative to your 330' time. Or you could see how your times differed based on which lane you ran in. For example here is a graph showing how the back half MPH gain progressed through the range:

Here's another I think would be useful - it is the 60' time based on the launch RPMs (although the same RPM was used throughout the day on this graph):

Screen to enter run data (like I said more fields can be added if they are requested - already added shift points, and opponent interval times):

Mods - I apologize if this is out of place. I have posted this on a couple other forums and the users liked it, so figured I would post it here.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Looks interesting. I will check it out
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
key
Intermediate

There is an app now doesn't require internet access (except for Density Altitude and Backup), everything is stored directly on your phone, tablet, or laptop. It also has some extra features the site doesn't have (i.e. you can log runs of multiple cars if you own more than one). There are some more features coming as well, like run segment analysis and a way to track the # of runs on components.

You can use this right at the track, no need to come home and login to record your runs, and it has more features than the website does. Cost of the app is 1.99 or 2.99 depending on which one you want.

As always, the RacersLog.net website is totally free still.

Android:
https://market.android.com/details?id=racerslog.app

iPhone:
App Store - RaceIQ

Kindle Fire:
Amazon.com: RaceIQ Drag Racing Race Log: Appstore for Android

Laptop/Desktop (this runs inside Google Chrome, with no need for internet access):
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fnbhaipejpennm

Screenshots:

Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Vettekid1992
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

app is insane!!!!!! has everything cant wait to start using it this season
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 AM
key
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vettekid1992
lol, thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettekid1992

Like the one-click DA
Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

Great job, that is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
key
Intermediate

Thanks guys. Some major updates are coming within a week or so.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Sprung for the I-phone app. We'll see how it goes, season begins Saturday.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
key
Intermediate

Thanks! If you have any issues at all please let me know.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Originally Posted by key
Thanks! If you have any issues at all please let me know.
Will do, Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM
key
Intermediate

RaceIQ 2.0 is out for iOS and Android - thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and comments. Several of the new features in 2.0 came directly from comments/suggestions by users.

If you are updating your software *please* make sure you backup your data first. To backup open RaceIQ and touch "More" then "Backup/Restore" then "Backup". Some people have had issues upgrading from the app store, so this will save you from losing any data at all. Besides, it's a good idea to be backing up anyway.

Also we are now on Facebook: http://facebook.com/RaceIQ - I will be posting updates there. Don't forget to "Like" RaceIQ!

What's new in 2.0:
- Management of maintenance that can automatically tell you when different parts need to be replaced or checked. You choose when/how many runs an item should live through and RaceIQ keeps track and alerts you when you should examine the item.
- ET Prediction - Two formulas are available. Both use DA and up to 7 of your previous runs (you choose the runs to use).
- Side-by-Side run comparison for up to 7 runs allows you to see over 40 different aspects of the runs all on the same screen.
- Segment/Interval times (i.e. 60-330, 330-1/8, etc...) are now listed on the Run Listing and in graphs/reports/filters.
- Automatic sea level correction on new runs which allows you to make an apples-to-apples comparison between runs which have different a DA.
- Reports and graphs can now be segmented by vehicle, so you can view information for 1 vehicle at a time if needed
- Over 10 new standard fields (Several Temperature fields, -Nitrous fields, etc...)
- 20 new custom fields that you can define
- Several new classes
- A bunch of UI tweaks

Thanks, and as always, let me know if you need anything.
Zach

Last edited by key; 03-27-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Originally Posted by key
RaceIQ 2.0 is out for iOS and Android

If you are updating your software *please* make sure you backup your data first. To backup open RaceIQ and touch "More" then "Backup/Restore" then "Backup". Some people have had issues upgrading from the app store, so this will save you from losing any data at all. Besides, it's a good idea to be backing up anyway.

Thanks, and as always, let me know if you need anything.
Zach
See if I would actually READ the whole thing before I hit update, the few runs I had would still be there. I'm a new user and only had 3 runs that I lost. I can easily (and will) re enter the data. No harm done.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM
key
Intermediate

Sorry about that. Some devices are upgrading fine, and some aren't. I believe it is something on the App Store side.

If Apple gave me access to the users' emails I could have sent out a warning like I did on the Android side, but they don't give me any information in regard to who has bought the app.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Originally Posted by key
Sorry about that. Some devices are upgrading fine, and some aren't. I believe it is something on the App Store side.

If Apple gave me access to the users' emails I could have sent out a warning like I did on the Android side, but they don't give me any information in regard to who has bought the app.
Not a problem for me. You posted that warning and I just didn't read it all before I went to the update. ENTIRELY MY FAULT. I'm glad I only had 3 passes in it. I will remember to back it up after each entry from now on.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by key
There is an app now doesn't require internet access (except for Density Altitude and Backup), everything is stored directly on your phone, tablet, or laptop. It also has some extra features the site doesn't have (i.e. you can log runs of multiple cars if you own more than one). There are some more features coming as well, like run segment analysis and a way to track the # of runs on components.

You can use this right at the track, no need to come home and login to record your runs, and it has more features than the website does. Cost of the app is 1.99 or 2.99 depending on which one you want.

As always, the RacersLog.net website is totally free still.

Android:
https://market.android.com/details?id=racerslog.app

iPhone:
App Store - RaceIQ

Kindle Fire:
Amazon.com: RaceIQ Drag Racing Race Log: Appstore for Android

Laptop/Desktop (this runs inside Google Chrome, with no need for internet access):
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fnbhaipejpennm

Screenshots:

Says $6.99 now???
Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
key
Intermediate

Yes it was raised this morning. I am trying to find the right price, at anything much less I lose money due to having to pay for the weather collection. Originally it was cheaper to get users and word of mouth going.

If you buy it and are unhappy I will refund your money, no questions asked. I think once you try it though you'll see that 6.99 is still pretty cheap for what the app does and allows you to do.

Thanks for the interest!
Zach

Get notified of new replies

To Drag racing log book software

Old 03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I bought it a couple days ago. It looks nice and well thought out.

Now I just need to get my car together so I can get it on the track to log some passes...
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 AM
16Again
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Capthuff
I bought it a couple days ago. It looks nice and well thought out.

Now I just need to get my car together so I can get it on the track to log some passes...
Same here, I re-entered my 3 runs from 2 weeks ago. Racing again next Saturday and will enter those runs as well. It's very well thought out and user friendly. Plus when you screw up, the support has been outstanding.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:48 PM
holley505
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm... I may get this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drag racing log book software