60 foot times versus ET 1/4 mile - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

Drag Racing
Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the & 1/8 mile, Events
CF Timeslip database

60 foot times versus ET 1/4 mile

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Former67er
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Former67er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 52
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 60 foot times versus ET 1/4 mile

Hello dragracing fans

Thinking of next season and my coming runs to break my personnel record
Going to put a new set of backtires to get a proper grip and then it should be easy

Below I calculated this

http://www.wallaceracing.com/calc60ft.php

Enter Vehicle ET (1/4 mile): 11.92 125 mph
Estimated 60 Foot Time: 1.65688 seconds.

And last summer I drove like this, my 60 feet time was 2.050...awful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZu0Z...d_QCyoJ1EQup8a

What do you think my new record will be....

Last edited by Former67er; 02-26-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Former67er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
tabbruzz
CF Senior Member
 
tabbruzz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,662
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Numbers don't seem to be accurate in my case. My 60 is higher than what it states
tabbruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
GARY2004Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
GARY2004Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Tune Time Performance NJ
Posts: 6,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 79 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former67er View Post
Hello dragracing fans

Thinking of next season and my coming runs to break my personnel record
Going to put a new set of backtires to get a proper grip and then it should be easy

Below I calculated this

http://www.wallaceracing.com/calc60ft.php

Enter Vehicle ET (1/4 mile): 11.92 125 mph
Estimated 60 Foot Time: 1.65688 seconds.

And last summer I drove like this, my 60 feet time was 2.050...awful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZu0Z...d_QCyoJ1EQup8a

What do you think my new record will be....
This is very generalized. For every tenth in 60' you cut, you cut about 1.5 tenths off your ET. So a 1.75 60' under the same conditions may yield you an 11.47.
11.92-1.5(2.05-1.75)=11.47
GARY2004Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
realcanuk
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13
 
realcanuk's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 123 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbruzz View Post
Numbers don't seem to be accurate in my case. My 60 is higher than what it states
Same here.
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Former67er
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Former67er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 52
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06 View Post
This is very generalized. For every tenth in 60' you cut, you cut about 1.5 tenths off your ET. So a 1.75 60' under the same conditions may yield you an 11.47.
11.92-1.5(2.05-1.75)=11.47
Thank you...this is maybe a speculation but gives me a hint what is coming
So I have to do a lot more than backtires to have a high 10 second run
Time will tell
Former67er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
GARY2004Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
GARY2004Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Tune Time Performance NJ
Posts: 6,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 79 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former67er View Post
Thank you...this is maybe a speculation but gives me a hint what is coming
So I have to do a lot more than backtires to have a high 10 second run
Time will tell
The mph is there for a 10 second pass but you would need to crush the 60'. (mid 1.4x) Not knowing your setup, 3.90s or 4.10s may be a nice addition if it's a stick car.
GARY2004Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
Former67er
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Former67er's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 52
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a TKO-600 with 2.87 1st and 3.55 in the rear
I have the torque, its something 600ish, the part that needs adjustment is between the seat and the steering wheel
Former67er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
Fuzzy Dice
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In IV Veteran
 
Fuzzy Dice's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Deltona Florida
Posts: 16,778
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I'm trapping 11.20's at 119-120 mph with a 1.52 sixty foot time...3:90 gears in a turbo 400...
Fuzzy Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
paint it black vette
CF Senior Member
 
paint it black vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: port monmouth nj
Posts: 2,205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

10.19 et at 132.10mph on a 1.365 sixty 3.73 gears with a amr built 4l60e trans wallace has me at a 1.41 sixty a bit off id say
paint it black vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
GARY2004Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
GARY2004Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Tune Time Performance NJ
Posts: 6,070
Thanks: 0
Thanked 79 Times in 66 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former67er View Post
I have a TKO-600 with 2.87 1st and 3.55 in the rear
I have the torque, its something 600ish, the part that needs adjustment is between the seat and the steering wheel
Gotya.
We all can use that adjustment.
GARY2004Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 60 foot times versus ET 1/4 mile
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    60 foot versus 1/4 mile double06 C6 Z06 Discussion 3 02-23-2011 08:30 PM
    Las Vegas Motor Speedway: 10.7x ET spinning at launch bruce1 C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous 2 05-16-2007 07:50 PM
    NEW BEST! 11.34 @ 124.72mph jw02 Drag Racing 27 01-24-2004 02:24 PM
    StrayDog just ordered drag radials, couldnt wait for SANTA StrayDog C1 & C2 Corvettes 11 07-28-2003 10:55 AM
    Question....60 foot times , traction , improving ET StrayDog C3 Tech/Performance 6 10-30-2001 11:52 PM


    Tags
    14, 2012, 60, cast, convert, corvette, drag, entertainment, feet, foot, great, mile, powered, racing, tonight, vbulletin

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.