Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Thank You East Coast Supercharging For Another Final Round Appearance

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thank You East Coast Supercharging For Another Final Round Appearance

I would like to thank ECS for everything they have done for the Pace Car for it to be one of/or the most feared vehicle in the LSX Index Series. With back to back Double O reaction times and running within thousands of the index - there is nothing to say but the proof is the time slips for what ECS has created.

The final round will be run at the last event in Indy. The next event is the Holley LS Fest. That would be a conflict with Chevy High Performance event this past weekend.

I would to also thank those that have stood behind me and not a few blocks behind me. Too many two face people to list. You know who your friends are when they volunteer to help without asking. Tommy always answers the phone regardless of the time when I have an idea or question.

The Pace Car ran like she was a programmed machine. Talk about bringing a machine gun to knife fight.

Funny how after a pass, people are walking by shaking there head saying "We heard you nailed the tree and ran almost dead on again!!"

With 28 cars in the field, I qualified #2 based on first round reaction time. This is not how most events determine qualifying, but in this series they will use your reaction time to make the ladder for second round. First round is random pairing.

Here is a picture of my first burnout on Friday. Also using my new front skinnies.

Below are some GoPro videos

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 06-03-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Congrats on a great weekend!

The skinnys look good on the pace car.

From the pic you posted, I thought it was just another launch on the less than stellar track
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Nice Rob! Solo time shots?? They don't give you 2-3 like the CC's? lol
Triple bulbing too!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

All I can say is, wish I had a vid camera when Rob was standing in the middle of the pit road by himself staring up at the sky scratching his head with a dumb look on his face.

Last edited by 4DRUSH; 06-03-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

When the lanes were opened on Friday, there were not many cars in the lane for .500 pro tree. The starter would not let me stage deep on my bye runs. They made it known they were not holding the tree for any person deep staging. To add to the other cars in the class, most cars in the class have Trans brakes. A huge advantage to have a Trans brake.

Jay came over while I was looking up at the sky. I was trying to figure out which way the clouds were going to figure out how to set up the car. Cloud coverage compared to the sun burning me equaled about .04. I was setting the car up to run 11.49. In the semis against my step fathers son LOL which is Paul - AKA P98, I ran it out and it was a 11.486. See, looking up at the sky worked. I looked like I was waiting for the mother ship to come over and pick me up.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Rob we are very proud to be a part of your success, but make no mistake, you are the one who creates that success.

Very few racers are in tune with their car the way you are, but thanks for the kind words!

We'll be joining you in Bowling green.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Here is something from LSXtv.com

The LSX Rumble category came down to Ron Farley and Kevin Lumsden (not shown).
I guess I changed my name. I did not know I did that.

"Yep. That 70% chance of rain turned into 100%, with all the classes run down to the finals except 5th Gen Camaro, which got their final round in. The race has been scrubbed with just 4 pairs of cars left to run, and the make-up for the final will be held at the event in Indianapolis later on this year. Here’s how things went down, before the sky fell…"

Get notified of new replies

To Thank You East Coast Supercharging For Another Final Round Appearance

Quick Reply: Thank You East Coast Supercharging For Another Final Round Appearance