Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Corvette Show & Go @ Etown 7/26/14

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Corvette Show & Go @ Etown 7/26/14

I have been informed by Etown that they will sell combo cards at tomorrows event and there is an "arranged" parking area for ALL race participants. They have the usual "Car Show" area set aside with barriers, but the area closest to the staging lanes (where most of us parked) is closed with barriers for cars for the Funny Car Reunion and Old Time Drags event on Sunday as they expect a lot of cars to come in on Saturday and set up. The "race" parking area is just past the snack bar between the "Car Show" area and the lake. When you go in be prepared to "re-arrange" your parking location from normal, and while attendance for Saturday events has been down the parking areas with this setup will be a little more cramped, so make allowances.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Ron Higgins
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. Dennis see you there?
Old 07-26-2014, 04:48 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to see everyone today. I drove the Vette there and towed it to Thrust Performance. While making a time shot, the car was shifting from 2nd to 3rd - it hit the rev limiter without shifting. Just as I was going to throw it into neutral the engine stopped.

While waiting for a tow in the pits, I tried cranking the engine curious to know what went wrong. I hear the starter working but the engine is not turning. I do know I had good oil pressure, oil temp was at 190, coolant temp 185, trans temp 140.

After 3,600+ passes I have only broke two posi units. one starter, one battery and a bunch of rear tires.

Thanks to Mike @ Thrust Performance for leaving the shop to pick up the Pace Car and to have it ready for Norwalk in a few weeks.

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 07-26-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:18 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

That s not good Rob,Hope its nothing major.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:42 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVER456
That s not good Rob,Hope its nothing major.
Thrust Performance will fix him up
Old 07-27-2014, 07:10 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 868 Likes on 433 Posts

Flex plate, torque tube bushings??
Good to see you,,, maybe a blessing in disguise that it happened locally instead of one of the National events you race in!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:27 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Thrust Performance will fix him up
Nothing but good stuff from Thrust performance, Look like they have a eye for detail. Plus getting the problem worked out. Not the first time I have heard about them..
Old 07-27-2014, 02:53 PM
rushhour
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
Great to see everyone today. I drove the Vette there and towed it to Thrust Performance. While making a time shot, the car was shifting from 2nd to 3rd - it hit the rev limiter without shifting. Just as I was going to throw it into neutral the engine stopped.

While waiting for a tow in the pits, I tried cranking the engine curious to know what went wrong. I hear the starter working but the engine is not turning. I do know I had good oil pressure, oil temp was at 190, coolant temp 185, trans temp 140.

After 3,600+ passes I have only broke two posi units. one starter, one battery and a bunch of rear tires.

Thanks to Mike @ Thrust Performance for leaving the shop to pick up the Pace Car and to have it ready for Norwalk in a few weeks.
Rob - I was the Black GTO running with you on that time shot. I was hanging with Doug Kelly in the pits.

2 Rounds later basically the same happened to me on the 2/3 shift - except the engine would still turnover. Though nothing there in the drive train post flex plate. Also flat bedded it out.

Hope you are up and ready soon.

Steve
Old 07-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rushhour
Rob - I was the Black GTO running with you on that time shot. I was hanging with Doug Kelly in the pits.

2 Rounds later basically the same happened to me on the 2/3 shift - except the engine would still turnover. Though nothing there in the drive train post flex plate. Also flat bedded it out.

Steve
Steve, we had talked before the gates opened and I had the Metallic Blue C6 that stopped to talk to you while the flatbed was tying down your car. I know Rob will have his car back for Norwalk, and I hope you and Doug are back up and running quickly.

Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Show & Go @ Etown 7/26/14

Quick Reply: Corvette Show & Go @ Etown 7/26/14