Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Interesting time slip

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 869 Likes on 434 Posts

Default Interesting time slip

Wed night $500 Gamblers race at Englishtown..
Lots of heavy hitters in this weekly event...

Lost in Semi Finals to Al Vanis NHRA National Champ.. Check out the slip.. We BOTH cut IDENTICAL lights, BOTH ran under (broke out) me by .006, Al by .004 so he wins! Funny thing is before the run I was thinking about dialing 11.45 (would have ran spot on & won) but since he was leaving first (slower car), I didn't want to give him any more of a starting line advantage since my last run was 11.47, so I dialed .01 down to 11.46.. Oh well, got some good seat time and some $$ to boot!

Old 08-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I feel you, brudda...I have too many of those slips...there is no way you can judge a double break out that close...sure, now you know you should have parked it but at the time there is no way of knowing that...sigh...

I have thought about races like this a lot...I believe when the R/T's are close and the race unfolds according to dials there is no way to judge a double break out...I had one a few weeks ago at Orlando in the final...lost by .001 on a double break out...
Old 08-12-2014, 02:28 PM
ralph
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice job getting to the semis, Ellis. Way to represent

Like Fuzzy said, you can't really judge a 2 thou stripe. Of course if you thought you were holding and it was that close, it was a good chance you were both going under, but it's always tough to give it up if you're not sure.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
holley505
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
I feel you, brudda...I have too many of those slips...there is no way you can judge a double break out that close...sure, now you know you should have parked it but at the time there is no way of knowing that...sigh...

I have thought about races like this a lot...I believe when the R/T's are close and the race unfolds according to dials there is no way to judge a double break out...I had one a few weeks ago at Orlando in the final...lost by .001 on a double break out...
FUZZY WHATS UP!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by holley505
FUZZY WHATS UP!!!
Hey buddy...how you been?...haven't seen you out for a while...hope all is well...

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting time slip

Quick Reply: Interesting time slip