Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

SHEDEVLL presents -Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Annual "Light the Night" Fundraiser

Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 PM
SheDevll C6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SHEDEVLL presents -Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Annual "Light the Night" Fundraiser

Hello All Corvette Family!

AS most of you know I am an advocate for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I spread awareness, collect funds and donations, host events, and try to spread the word to be RELENTLESS for a cure! I do this to honor the most amazing human being I have ever been blessed with- my Mother.

My mom was 48 when she became ill with a cough, that turned out to be pneumonia. She was an RN for 27 years, spending 16 of those years at Staten Island university Hospital. After a year and a half of going back and forth with tests, prescriptions, illness after illness, flu symptoms, tests tests and more tests, everything was coming back negative. My mother stopped working, and went to seek other opinions. She was found to have stage 4 Lymphoma, peripheral T cell and told to start chemo right away to prep for a bone marrow transplant. 5 months later, my mom, single parent, no other children, me as sole caretaker and full time nurse as well, watched as my Mother deteriorated and prayed for a cure. I prayed people would help us fight- and people did. People said prayers, made food, stopped by, donated, walked for her, to let her know how much support she had. She passed on at age 50, 5 days after her bone marrow transplant was supposed to happen but never did. 50 years old. January 6th. She left me to fend for myself in this world alone-- but I promised I would always raise money to help find a cure-so that in my lifetime, I can say I was part of the reason that a cure was found.

More importantly so that no one ever has to hear the dreaded "C" word unless it's for CURE.

Please help me fight this fight!!! I have included a link to my donation page as well as a picture of an event I am hosting for mini-golf and gokarts on Staten Island on August 23rd.. I will be inviting every car/corvette person I know and it will be televised. Please come join us, donate, or help me out in my goal of $10,000.

Thank you to all who have already donated. The support of the forum members is undeniably the most I have ever received. I would never have made it through the last few years without you all. Thank you again from my heart, from heaven, and from the remaining family and team Scaramuzzo members.

http://pages.lightthenight.org/nyc/StatenIs14/SLaScalla

Old 08-07-2014, 10:05 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great event, great cause - I will be in Ohio racing the LSX Series. I wish you the best and I hope everyone will try to attend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SHEDEVLL presents -Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Annual "Light the Night" Fundraiser