Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

drag friendly shocks

Old 09-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Jeffro_510
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drag friendly shocks

If you could only buy 2 shocks at a time, would you buy front or rear first?

Is there a better option than QA1 coil overs?
Double adjustable necessary for both front and rear?
Which spring weight is ideal for both street and track?

My car is a C6, blower car

Thanks in advance
Old 09-11-2014, 03:25 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Jeffro_510
If you could only buy 2 shocks at a time, would you buy front or rear first?

Is there a better option than QA1 coil overs?
Double adjustable necessary for both front and rear?
Which spring weight is ideal for both street and track?

My car is a C6, blower car

Thanks in advance
My personal opinion is that coilovers aren't really necessary as I'm running QA1 double adjustables in the front and back and regularly cut 1.36 60ft times with them.

If you're on a budget and can only afford the two then I'd buy the back ones as it's helps the car launch properly by controlling both how much the car squats and for how long.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:21 AM
DBN
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would buy the QA1 double adjustable front shocks first and then the rear shocks later. The adjustibiltiy of the front shocks will allow quick weight transfer.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:41 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

I'd buy duals up front and be done.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm looking into QA1 adjustables as well, for my C5Z. I see they have a Drag R set for the fronts, any feedback on them? Robz, why skip the rears? I was thinking they might help reduce the squat. Currently I have stock shocks and front sway removed, with best of 1.5x 60' on ET Street 26x11.5x16. Next year I'm planning to get 28x14.5x16 Hoosiers and spray nitrous off the line. I tried spraying my current setup and it blows the tires off pretty bad.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:10 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
I'm looking into QA1 adjustables as well, for my C5Z. I see they have a Drag R set for the fronts, any feedback on them? Robz, why skip the rears? I was thinking they might help reduce the squat. Currently I have stock shocks and front sway removed, with best of 1.5x 60' on ET Street 26x11.5x16. Next year I'm planning to get 28x14.5x16 Hoosiers and spray nitrous off the line. I tried spraying my current setup and it blows the tires off pretty bad.
Chris, get the Fark's Supercar lower rear A-arms with Afco shocks on all corners
Old 09-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Chris, get the Fark's Supercar lower rear A-arms with Afco shocks on all corners
I'm checking those Farks, pretty trick. Any worry using them on the street? Hate to ruin a set hitting train tracks or whatever. Also not finding much on afco for C5.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:36 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm checking those Farks, pretty trick. Any worry using them on the street? Hate to ruin a set hitting train tracks or whatever. Also not finding much on afco for C5.
Good question about RR crossings, never tested that. I will say they are made very well & highly doubt they're weaker than stock.

Afco doesn't make rear shocks to fit stock C5, hence the Farks A arms.

They do make bolt in shocks for the front. (just call them)
Old 09-30-2014, 07:00 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

I'd do what Danny said and start on the fronts because you may find that you do not need the rears.

Plus, a dual in the rear can be difficult to tune and one can get easily lost which can be frustrating and take the fun out of it unless you were a serious racer who competed all the time and had the time to test a lot.

And I've seen a 1.22 on a 17" drag radial with a leaf and stock rear suspension.

Enough to sway me. No bar intended.

Get notified of new replies

To drag friendly shocks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: drag friendly shocks