Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

any one using racetronix pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 04:52 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default any one using racetronix pump

My factory pump in my 04 was dieing so I got a racetronix pump fpa-006 for late c5-c6 vettes good for up to 650 rwhp.After iinstalled it I noticed it doesn't hold pressure with key on goes up then goes back down to 0.So I thought maybe I put a hole in the new plastic tube and it was draining back .Pulled it back out and replaced it with submersible gates hose and put it back in and same thing.I filled it up and took it for a ride today and holds great pressure but key on engine off it drops back to 0.Just trying to find out if its normal for these pumps.Starts fine and I couldn't only get on it lightly with the rain but holds steady.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:17 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I think the stock pumps had a check valve so fuel wouldn't drain back and hold pressure.The racetronix pump might not have a check valve.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:08 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That's what I was thinking also thanks.
Originally Posted by DRIVER456
I think the stock pumps had a check valve so fuel wouldn't drain back and hold pressure.The racetronix pump might not have a check valve.

Get notified of new replies

To any one using racetronix pump

Quick Reply: any one using racetronix pump