Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Ozzy Moya buys South Georgia Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 09:36 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Ozzy Moya buys South Georgia Motorsports Park

In case you did not see this:

"Ozzy and Maria Moya are pleased to announce the purchase of South Georgia Motorsports Park in Valdosta Georgia.... We have set our goals to continue to provide the great facility and racing that everyone of us has experienced with SGMP. But things will not end there, it will always be our mission to expand and and grow the facilities and the race schedule."

I trust this will not dilute the great things being done by owner Ozzy Moya and track manager Wade Rich at Orlando Speed World.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Should be interesting...Ozzy also leases Lakeland...in my dream scenario, Ozzy closes Lakeland and switches Orlando over to the IHRA.....I am not holding my breath...

You racing the Lucas deal this weekend, Mac?.....
Old 02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
Should be interesting...Ozzy also leases Lakeland...in my dream scenario, Ozzy closes Lakeland and switches Orlando over to the IHRA.....I am not holding my breath...

You racing the Lucas deal this weekend, Mac?.....
I was hoping Lakeland would be my second home. I'm not making a decision but I saw several unhappy campers last time out. Timing went down and a bunch packed up an left. It was less than an hour delay but may be a hint of what's to come. Seem like a lot of untrained guys and gals attempting to take the lead. I fear Lakeland may be Ozzie's red headed child. I may be taking my wife's RV to PBIR for sleep overs lol.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kazman
I was hoping Lakeland would be my second home. I'm not making a decision but I saw several unhappy campers last time out. Timing went down and a bunch packed up an left. It was less than an hour delay but may be a hint of what's to come. Seem like a lot of untrained guys and gals attempting to take the lead. I fear Lakeland may be Ozzie's red headed child. I may be taking my wife's RV to PBIR for sleep overs lol.
I fear same, and while Lakeland will never be a 'big-time' track, there's no-reason it doesn't provide a better environment than it has in recent years:
when they bought OSW, Lakeland began sucking hind-teat, which will only worsen with the acquisition of SGMP

the tow thru Orlando / Disney is brutal, some of it being toll-roads, so I have little desire to make that on a regular basis, and while Bradenton is 5 miles more distant, it is an easier tow, with much-less traffic:
PBIR is a good 3 hours each-way, much of it two-lane roads, but offers 2 races per day for the single tow, and I will consider that as an alternative, if Lakeland craps the bed
Old 02-16-2015, 01:55 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by kazman
Kazman,

I think you meant "Ozzie's red headed STEP-child". As a former redhead prior to the grey hair taking over I am sensitive to the reference

BIGMAC
Old 02-16-2015, 04:01 PM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
Kazman,

I think you meant "Ozzie's red headed STEP-child". As a former redhead prior to the grey hair taking over I am sensitive to the reference

BIGMAC
I wrote child so I didn't offend any step kids. Personally I like red heads. I though I married one. Dang woman hoodwinked me.
I haven't meet you however taking into consideration that your screen name is BIBMAC I will hope that no personal offense was taken.

Went back to Lakeland this Saturday. Better turnout and things went well. An oil down was cleaned up quickly and the event was organized. Track was well prepped. Only complaint was that the scoreboard on the right lane wasn't working and didn't show the dial-in. My biggest complain was that I gave it back by .003 in the Street semi's.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

That's good to hear about Lakeland, Kaz...they run some index deals so I might head over for one of those once I get my junk sorted out...sure wish they had a 7.00 index...I can't make the 6.50 and the 7.50 is hard for me to slow down that much and be consistent...worse now that I am running 6.80's or 90's...

Get notified of new replies

To Ozzy Moya buys South Georgia Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: Ozzy Moya buys South Georgia Motorsports Park