Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

need advice on tires/ new to this.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:24 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Default need advice on tires/ new to this.

First off, kinda feel like a step child in here as I have a c-4, and like all c-4s, everything new out runs it.
Took it to Test and tune, best run was 14.037. time slips are in the c-4 section.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...this-86-a.html
Questions as I really want to hit 100 mph and hit the 13s. Will drag radials help. I spent some time spinning on takeoff.
Should I buy 15 inch rims , stay with the 16s, or go to a 17 inch rim to finally get into the 13s.
My rear end is the opitional 307 and its a Z-51 car.
What size tire should I run . What RPM was I turning going thru the lights with a 145/50R/ 16 street tire? I kept it in drive, not overdrive.
The car is stock except for new injectors/tranny rebuild and I think the conv is the 2000 RPM they put in 86 vettes. (which I have). Advice is needed. Been going to the drags since around 1965 but first time running my own. Would go with older brother to watch and sometimes race his 61 fuelie vette.( He drove) . Anyway, any help is greatfully read. This is the next step I want to take b4 turning wrenches on it.

Quick Reply: need advice on tires/ new to this.