Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Shakin' it here Boss....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 01:59 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Shakin' it here Boss....

I was shakin' it at Palm Beach today, shakin' the rust off, that is...

Today was an IHRA points event at PBIR...I was back in my car after another long layoff due to breakage...I got to the track at about 3:30PM...the temp was 94* and the humidity was about 50%...the DA was over +3000...typical south Florida day...sigh...

My first time shot was at 5:30 and I almost did not make it...I was in the staging lanes and as they pulled us up I realized I could not attach my 5 point harness...WTH?...I then remembered my engine guy made the last pass in the car a month ago and reset the belts for himself...finally a buddy helped me out and I was able to pull up...

What I forgot to mention was I had almost no use of my right arm...I tore my right shoulder up last Saturday working on the car...I got it popped back in but was in great pain all week...anyway, I made a pass...lousy tree at .057 but the car ran 6.928 in the awful air...I was OK with that...

I got my next time shot at 7PM...still Africa hot and Brazil humid...this time I forgot to turn my fans on in the staging lanes and as I entered the water box my coolant temp was 190*...to late to cool down so I ran it...she ran a 6.931...I can live with a 3 thou spread...woot!...I was .044 red on the tree...ugh!....btw, I normally launch at 155* coolant...

First round of elims and it is now 9:30...sheesh...my shoulder is throbbing but I tried...I was last in line and caught another Camaro, a third gen, dialed 7.81...I dial 6.92 thinking I can get there...

He leaves and I chase, both of us green...looked like a decent light for each of us...for some reason I cannot seem to catch him so I figure either I was late on the tree or he is going to fast...I decide he is going to fast and that I cannot take the stripe...instead of doing what any decent bracket racer would do and push him out, feed him the stripe and park mine, I decide to run it out thinking he will break out more than me even if it is a double break out...

Dumb, dumber and dumbest...I actually take the stripe by .007 and he breaks out by two going 7.79...sadly, I go 6.872 and breakout by 5.....grrrrrrr...he did whup me on the tree with an .011 to my .034...I still beat him if I park it...oh well...

My shoulder is on fire so I load up to get home...unfortunately I popped my shoulder back out turning the steering wheel to leave...big pain but I punched it back in...I had a 3.5 hour tow home and I got here at 1:15AM...

Curiously, I am pleased with my day...the car ran great, I found a decent spot on the tree and I made my 5th event at PBIR which qualifies me for the division finals minimum number of events needed...

It is 1:55 now and I am off to take a muscle relaxant, some Tylenol and put ice on the shoulder...next up is this coming Saturday at Orlando for a Wally, God willing and the Creek don't rise...
Old 05-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

... you havin' fun yet???
Old 05-10-2015, 03:07 PM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

How is your shoulder feeling today.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I'm having a ball Glen...I accomplished my two main goals...I knew full well my shoulder was going to be a problem and it was...oh well...

It has hurt like heck all day, Rick...I just went out and unhooked my rig...pain made me see stars...yikes...at least it is done and hopefully work won't call till Tuesday...I am getting concerned at this point...I had to race yesterday but I am worried about Saturday coming up...
Old 05-11-2015, 09:38 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

FD,

Go figure...your car is now fixed but your body is broken! Go get some repair work!

I hope you will be OK for Saturday and I will see you at OSW.

Jim
Old 05-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Always something Jim...I plan to see you on Saturday, buddy...

Get notified of new replies

To Shakin' it here Boss....

Quick Reply: Shakin' it here Boss....