Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Front rims on 94 long post sorry

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 PM
old94
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front rims on 94 long post sorry

Well went back to the strip and ran a new best of 13.5 at 101mph after great advise from some of the members here its now time for new tires for just the track I ordered 15x10 weld prostars in 6.5bs for the rear along with MT et street radials in 26x11.50-15. But now I'm left with the front of the car it dose have what Gm calls heavy duty brake package I'm assuming this is the j55 brakes iv read about.?
My question is what has everyone done to fit skinnies 15x3.5in prostars around these brakes?
Iv read about spacers but really would like to not run any up front.
Can I change the front brakets and calipers to the non j55 brakes?

Car only go's to the track 6 times a year and only 5-8 passes each time and only driven in nice weather wheels will be changed from stock sawblades to the prostars once at the track. Im building a 383 and while I'm waiting to finish it up and install it trying to get rest of the car situated to use the power of the new motor.

Thanks for any help with this problem.

Last edited by old94; 07-14-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

I ran the skinny pro-stars on the front of the GS that has the J55 brakes for a few years. I used a 3/8" spacer and longer ARP studs and had no issues. You might be ok if you grind the calipers for needed clearance but I didn't want to.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:06 AM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I remember correctly, I put 15X10 Weld Prostars on the back with 3/16 spacer and a lot of grinding on the calipers. Still have them if you're interested.

On the front I had the big ZR1 brakes and just used the spacers like Rich, no problem. Eventually went to aftermarket disc's all around.

Good luck,
Dave
Attached Images   
Old 07-24-2015, 08:21 PM
old94
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys thanks for the information looks like ill just be running the spacers with arp studs. can you recommend what length I should buy for the studs? I found 3.5in studs for the rear should be ok but how long for the front? Also what tire is everyone running on the 3.5in rims? Thanks again for the information.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:14 AM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

7.10 MOROSO OR 7.5 MICKEYs
Good luck and watch the inner wheel wells for wear.

Same on the rears
Old 07-28-2015, 12:52 PM
ralph
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave, what are you driving there? is that Lenny's old car?

Old94 I have 3 1/2" Weld Prostars on the front of my car (need polishing) with newish 165 radial tires i might be willing to sell. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:50 PM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Hey Ralph!

That's my old '92, sold it years ago when I got the C5 driver. I think Lenny still has his car. I've been running a friends '68 Vette SS/HA since last year, had two .000 lights last weekend at Atco Division-1 meet!

Last edited by hookedup; 08-04-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:19 PM
ralph
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice gig you got going there. Two trip-zeros in the same eliminator is almost unbelievable. I think i might have 3 in my lifetime......lol. I assume you went a few rounds.

Originally Posted by hookedup
Hey Ralph!

That's my old '92, sold it years ago when I got the C5 driver. I think Lenny still has his car. I've been running a friends '68 Vette SS/HA since last year, had two .000 lights last weekend at Atco Division-1 meet!
Old 08-09-2015, 12:04 AM
hookedup
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ralph
Nice gig you got going there. Two trip-zeros in the same eliminator is almost unbelievable. I think i might have 3 in my lifetime......lol. I assume you went a few rounds.

Ralph, actually had a heads up first round with Angelo Ditacco(sp sorry if I messed that up), really a nice to talk to, gave me some good advice asked a lot of questions plus gave help tips for the future, big thanks out to u Angelo. Since he qualified 9.755 and I was only at 10.117 there was no since doing all the heads up tricky stuff because I wasn't going to make up that much difference on a great veteran in a scienced out combination, so all I could do is run the tree and hope for a stumble in the other lane. Didn't really happen but may have gotten some attention with the second .000 light second of the weekend). I think its tough to go up against someone .36 faster in a heads-up and still have a respectable showing, any one else might have been a diffeeent story.

Had fun and learned a lot from those guys, thanks to all,
Dave Outten

Get notified of new replies

To Front rims on 94 long post sorry

Quick Reply: Front rims on 94 long post sorry