Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

what roll bar for a c6 z06?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:31 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Actually, the Wolfe Roll bar will fit within the rules. It's premade and fits rather well, though not as nicely as a custom made bar.

The Wolf bar is made to bolt through the floor, but it can certainly be welded to the frame with a couple pieces of steel in the right places.

I have a Wolfe in my car and it's welded to the frame at all 5 attachment points.

Good luck with your project.

If you're looking for a custom bar, MTK fabrication in Roselle does amazing work. I've seen a number of their installs and they are very unobtrusive. 908-241-1510

I think it was around $1700 for a painted 5 point bar with driver swing out, and all belt mounting points.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:11 AM
jerseydrew
Melting Slicks

Received 163 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
And that's the problem, which is why I said in post #2 "You'll need to get one custom made, since no one makes one that complies with the rules."

If you race at a track that turns a blind eye to the rules and assumes anything that resembles a rollbar is OK and you're OK with the ruse, then fab something out of black PVC and attach it with Velcro, because it won't cause as many problems as the other stuff if you get upside down.

Personally, I made my own and designed them to meet the rules and also be a quick install/remove, so they don't have to be a permanent addition.
do you have any pics?
Old 09-22-2015, 02:09 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Actually, the Wolfe Roll bar will fit within the rules. It's premade and fits rather well, though not as nicely as a custom made bar.

The Wolf bar is made to bolt through the floor, but it can certainly be welded to the frame with a couple pieces of steel in the right places.

I have a Wolfe in my car and it's welded to the frame at all 5 attachment points.

Good luck with your project.

If you're looking for a custom bar, MTK fabrication in Roselle does amazing work. I've seen a number of their installs and they are very unobtrusive. 908-241-1510

I think it was around $1700 for a painted 5 point bar with driver swing out, and all belt mounting points.
I agree about the Wolfe, IF you modify it to weld or bolt to the frame. Their attachment points are in the right general area of the frame and the back bars are at an acceptable angle. For a Z06, you'd want to weld an aluminum plate to the frame and then bolt the steel bar to the plate. Done with forethought, that would make it fairly easy to remove as desired.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:18 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Originally Posted by jerseydrew
do you have any pics?
Yes, but none that show details.

See my reply above, since that'd get the custom fabricator on the right track.

Of course, if you or anyone else would pony up enough dough to buy 10, which covers the tooling/fixture costs, I'd start making them.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes, but none that show details.

See my reply above, since that'd get the custom fabricator on the right track.

Of course, if you or anyone else would pony up enough dough to buy 10, which covers the tooling/fixture costs, I'd start making them.
What's the weight. Im interested assuming 9 other buyers.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:34 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
What's the weight. Im interested assuming 9 other buyers.
Mine is 57# in .120 wall DOM mild steel, so as an estimate, I'd guess 45# in 4130 CM.

My racing friend here in AZ has started bugging me about building some bars for him, so I posted some pics here. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-combo-3.html
Old 10-24-2016, 11:36 PM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 239 Likes on 163 Posts

Mine is 57# in .120 wall DOM mild steel, so as an estimate, I'd guess 45# in 4130 CM.

My racing friend here in AZ has started bugging me about building some bars for him, so I posted some pics here. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-combo-3.html
Get any others interested in your bar yet? I need one before next season and yours looks the best!
Old 10-25-2016, 03:16 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
Get any others interested in your bar yet? I need one before next season and yours looks the best!
Actually, we are getting together later this week to check out the installation process, as we are racing this weekend as well.

Tom, or I, will update this thread when we get some feedback. As Tom alluded to, it would require 10 solid buyers/orders to make it worth the effort...and the purchase price (as yet to be determined) would probably be required upfront as neither of us are small business owners with cash buring a hole in our pockets...just enthusiast who wish to help the community
The following users liked this post:
TRSCobra (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 11:14 PM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 239 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
Actually, we are getting together later this week to check out the installation process, as we are racing this weekend as well.

Tom, or I, will update this thread when we get some feedback. As Tom alluded to, it would require 10 solid buyers/orders to make it worth the effort...and the purchase price (as yet to be determined) would probably be required upfront as neither of us are small business owners with cash buring a hole in our pockets...just enthusiast who wish to help the community
I'd have no issue with payment, but getting another 9 on board will be tough. Either way keep us updated!

Quick Reply: what roll bar for a c6 z06?