Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Not my best effort....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Not my best effort....

I went to Orlando Speedworld today for their King of the Track event...winner gets a Wally...weather was the best it has been since last spring...85* and sunny...nice breeze and very comfy...DA was around +2200 all afternoon...

I got there at 2PM, unloaded, and got ready for the first time shot...I ran Pro ET and they called us up at 3:50PM...I completely missed the tree with an .088 light and went 6.893...car ran good...driver not so much...lol...

I made my second time shot at 5:21Pm...DA about the same at +2200...this pass I tried the trans brake...left at 3200rpm, wheels up about a foot...hit pretty hard...I was .051 on the tree and went 6.887...

I ran the first round at 7:16PM...I lined up with a friend in his S-Dime dialed 8.89...I put 6.88 on my window...the DA was 100 points lower but I could not get there...he treed me with a 22 to my 32 but it was still doable...unfortunately I ran 6.899 with her tongue hanging out...sheesh...he took the stripe by .008 but a loss is a loss...I was gonna dial up and hold but, oh well, shoulda coulda woulda...

I make the walk down losers lane and buy back in...this is where things got real ugly...I catch a guy in a borrowed car since his broke...he is dialed 9.85 and I have 6.90 on my car...I pull up in the right staging lane and am 3 cars back from heading to the water box...

All of a sudden the car in front of me pulls out of our lane and goes over to the left staging lane...he keeps going right past the head of staging and to the water box in the left lane...what the heck???!!!!...

I shut off and jump out yelling for the guy to stop him and not let him run...he was new, apparently, and had no clue what was going on...I'm telling him what he stood there and watched and he's telling the tower....why they did not stop the guy I don't know...he actually made that pass...

At this point I am so angry I can't see straight...I get back in my car and somehow do a burn out, stage and leave...I do not recall anything about that run...the slip says I went .003 red and went 6.877...all I wanted to do was get back to my pit so I could go to the tower and make sure that idiot was DQ'd...he was, but that did not help anyone who had to run someone different who they were not dialed for...

This doofus did not like who he had to run so he just did what he wanted...the guy is in his early 70's and has been racing for over 40 years so he definitely knew better...anyway, I am calmed down finally and feel better...

Next up is the Winter Warm Up at Immokalee on Nov. 6, 7 and 8...$5K to win each day for my class...

I almost forgot to thank ZR1John for all his help and Glengages and Red69 for the support...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 10-25-2015 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

after a trio of 1.507, 1.507, and 1.509 short-times, ever figure-out how and why it went 1.48x in the 2nd round?
Old 10-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Glensgages
after a trio of 1.507, 1.507, and 1.509 short-times, ever figure-out how and why it went 1.48x in the 2nd round?
Best I can tell is the ambient temp dropped and the track got tighter...mph was the same so....I never took the DA after that run...I was too busy making sure that idiot was thrown out...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 10-26-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:03 PM
kazman
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Possible staging a little shallow in that round?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:36 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

FD,

Nice to see you at OSW last Saturday. Sorry you had some bad luck and went out early. This can be a roller coaster sport...you were the runner up at the IHRA Bracket Finals just a few weeks ago! I did OK Sat. night as I went to the quarter-finals. I had my own roller coaster...getting the bye in the prior round only to lose a round later with an RT than began with a "1". I will blame it on the starter who held us up from staging for an unknown reason . To add insult to injury when I went to the tower to get my big $40 winnings Wade said "hey Jim- you were a little late there".... In any event it was a great day/night as the weather was good ...I went some rounds...and got home in one piece. I can't ask for much more than that. Hope to see you there soon.

BIGMAC
Old 10-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
FD,

Nice to see you at OSW last Saturday. Sorry you had some bad luck and went out early. This can be a roller coaster sport...you were the runner up at the IHRA Bracket Finals just a few weeks ago! I did OK Sat. night as I went to the quarter-finals. I had my own roller coaster...getting the bye in the prior round only to lose a round later with an RT than began with a "1". I will blame it on the starter who held us up from staging for an unknown reason . To add insult to injury when I went to the tower to get my big $40 winnings Wade said "hey Jim- you were a little late there".... In any event it was a great day/night as the weather was good ...I went some rounds...and got home in one piece. I can't ask for much more than that. Hope to see you there soon.

BIGMAC
I met you years ago @ OSW (we're both Yinzers), and although I walked right-by you & your car in the staging lanes before the first round, I didn't want to break your concentration and say anything:
I sat in Dan's pit area (beyond the score-boards), and your car sounds GREAT approaching the speed traps

Old 10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

I met you years ago @ OSW (we're both Yinzers), and although I walked right-by you & your car in the staging lanes before the first round, I didn't want to break your concentration and say anything:
I sat in Dan's pit area (beyond the score-boards), and your car sounds GREAT approaching the speed traps

Thanks for your consideration but I only wish I had concentration .
Old 10-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Nice going, Mac...I saw you going rounds...well done...

Get notified of new replies

To Not my best effort....

Quick Reply: Not my best effort....