Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Short and not so Sweet....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 PM
oklahoma
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Once again thanks for the posts and my condolences. I too have been distracted for years by bigger and faster up to and including a Lingenfelter twin turbo c5. I was thrown off of every track around for low 10's and no roll cage ,firesuit, etc. This was my daily driver. I didn't want to ruin it for the street. It was then with the help of a long time racer at Atlanta,Mel Abney a track champion that I realized that I just wanted to race and win. I have been fortunate to win two track championships since then. During the winter (bench racing season) I sometimes daydream about faster etc and then I remember that it is the win light that keeps me coming back and not how fast my car was. So far I have been much more successful in racing my daily driver c6a6 while keeping it almost pure stock and on a budget. My car has over 600 laps and 73000 miles with no repairs other than wear items. Stay happy.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by oklahoma
Once again thanks for the posts and my condolences. I too have been distracted for years by bigger and faster up to and including a Lingenfelter twin turbo c5. I was thrown off of every track around for low 10's and no roll cage ,firesuit, etc. This was my daily driver. I didn't want to ruin it for the street. It was then with the help of a long time racer at Atlanta,Mel Abney a track champion that I realized that I just wanted to race and win. I have been fortunate to win two track championships since then. During the winter (bench racing season) I sometimes daydream about faster etc and then I remember that it is the win light that keeps me coming back and not how fast my car was. So far I have been much more successful in racing my daily driver c6a6 while keeping it almost pure stock and on a budget. My car has over 600 laps and 73000 miles with no repairs other than wear items. Stay happy.
I learned this exact lesson with my c5.. it was so reliable being a 11 second car as was my c6, until I made it a 10 second car. Now I don't race as I'm afraid I've used up every 1.4 60 foot in my (second) rear end.

I think Fuzzy has some stout stuff. For a mountain motor I think he better invest in at least a Dana 60...and I hope his subframe mounts are up to that power...

Quick Reply: Short and not so Sweet....