Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

T350 Transmissions for C4 Corvette / Drag setups..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 02:14 PM
_ski_dwn_it
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Default T350 Transmissions for C4 Corvette / Drag setups..

All,

I hear lots of people asking if a T350 is able to be put into our C4 Corvettes.

I have two actually that I have had in my car. Both Built by Rossler Transmissions (arguably the best trans builder in the country. His stuff is seen on Street Outlaws all the time.)

The transmissions are a direct bolt in to any SBC or BBC. They offer a MUCH more efficient transmission to that of the 700R4 in both weight, gear ratios etc.

I worked with Carl years ago and he made an adapter piece that allows our Cbeams to bolt directly onto the stock tailshaft - thus allowing the continued use of the Cbeam.

I am NOW in the process of building a similar adapter for the use of a powerglide in our cars. Since switching to Alcohol on my 555 BBC I cant control/kill enough power off the line with the T350 and 10.5 tires to make it hook off a transbrake launch. Car footbraking it goes 1.24 60ft and 9.02. For consistency I want to go to a glide and kill some Starting line Ratio. Thus I am selling both my trasmissions if anyone is intested.

The first one is a T350 rebuilt and used as a backup - no transbrake provision. Perfectly good transmission that behind my SBC at a best of 9.7@137MPH. When I went to the BBC I went to a different T350. The above one I will sell for $950 and will split the shipping to anywhere in the USA.

The second one that I just had Carl rebuild is a T350 with transbrake provision and reverse pattern shifter. (they need to be reverse with the transbrake). That trans has only 6 runs on it and I am realizing my suspension will never consistently hook with a transbrake launch at my power and tire level/size. So my 500+ dollar rebuild I just did is to someones favor (have the paperwork to back up the recent rebuild by Carl). I will sell that one for 1300 and we can dicuss the shipping.

Both of these transmissions were well over 1600 new with the equipment I had installed. Billet everything and will take easily over 1000hp. And both transmissions work better than anything you can imagine. Super crisp and tear your head off shifts.

Let me know. I also have fully electric Hurst quarter stick shifters well over 600 dollars each that will work with either of them. I may let them go too, but need to be able to replace them since they will work with a glide also.

Thanks and let me know. I am going to post on other boards as well but would rather see a corvette guy snag them

Quick Reply: T350 Transmissions for C4 Corvette / Drag setups..