Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Advice for a complete noob

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:28 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Default Advice for a complete noob

Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Auto C7 Z51 Stingray. I want to start going to the track with my brother who also has recently purchased a toy. My knowledge of the track is almost non existent.

What I do know is since I have an aftermarket power added I will need at least a fire jacket and obviously a helmet. Can anyone link me to a decent fire jacket and whatever kind of helmet I would need to run.

Most runs will take place at Englishtown Raceway Park and ATCO Raceway.

Any advice and general tips will be appreciated
Old 09-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

this guy needs some advice, fellas

I'm unfamiliar with OBTRP's rules & requirements
Old 09-01-2016, 03:10 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by thegame
Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Auto C7 Z51 Stingray. I want to start going to the track with my brother who also has recently purchased a toy. My knowledge of the track is almost non existent.

What I do know is since I have an aftermarket power added I will need at least a fire jacket and obviously a helmet. Can anyone link me to a decent fire jacket and whatever kind of helmet I would need to run.

Most runs will take place at Englishtown Raceway Park and ATCO Raceway.

Any advice and general tips will be appreciated
The new rules for "2008 and newer cars can run as fast as 10.0 without a roll bar (or cage)" unfortunately isn't applied equally at all tracks so it's hard to say exactly what you'll be able to get away with there.

A helmet and jacket will definitely be required no matter how fast the car is, but the bigger problem is that the rule is supposed to apply to newer cars that are unmodified (except for running drag radials or slicks) so you may be screwed if they take a look under your hood and see any non-stock equipment.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:14 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
The new rules for "2008 and newer cars can run as fast as 10.0 without a roll bar (or cage)" unfortunately isn't applied equally at all tracks so it's hard to say exactly what you'll be able to get away with there.

A helmet and jacket will definitely be required no matter how fast the car is, but the bigger problem is that the rule is supposed to apply to newer cars that are unmodified (except for running drag radials or slicks) so you may be screwed if they take a look under your hood and see any non-stock equipment.

I spoke to both tracks that are close to me and they said my setup will be fine. I just need to find the right helmet and fire jacket now and I should be good to go

Get notified of new replies

To Advice for a complete noob

Quick Reply: Advice for a complete noob