Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Ozzy pulls all 4 tracks -IHRA to NHRA.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 08:55 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Default Ozzy pulls all 4 tracks -IHRA to NHRA.

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...hra-to-go-nhra

So, what do our southern racing friends think about this?
Old 09-23-2016, 11:36 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Capthuff
http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...hra-to-go-nhra

So, what do our southern racing friends think about this?
Ozzy and his crew do a great job running OSW regardless of sanction association. OSW switched from NHRA to IHRA at the start of this past (2016) season with no impact to the points racers that I saw. I trust that Ozzy will make the right business decisions for the long term viability of the track and for the racers so the switch back to NHRA is no big deal to me.

BIGMAC
Old 09-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I have quite a bit to say...many of us were thrilled when Ozzy switched to the IHRA...why?...it has nothing to do with running points during the season although for me, I was so looking forward to not driving 7 hours roundtrip to PBIR to race points...

For a lot of us it has to do with the division finals...I have been to both and the IHRA wins, hands down...I posted this comparison on another site:

Let's compare the two, shall we....

NHRA division finals this year has the following:
-A gambler's race Thursday
-Time runs (for Saturday's main event), race of champions and a best package optional buy-in program on Friday
-Main event Saturday
-Juniors on Sunday

IHRA division finals has the following for No Box (Pro ET):
-A gamblers race on Wed. paying 80%, no less than $1500,usually, to the winner for $40 entry...
-A gamblers race on Thursday paying $2000 to win for a $40 entry...
-A gamblers race on Friday paying $2500 to win for a $50 entry...
-First round of the main event on Saturday...losers get a consolation race paying $2500 to win for a $50 entry and winner gets back into the main event...
-Main event continues on Sunday with the winner getting $2500, an Ironman and a Silver card plus a trip to Memphis for the world finals...

Like Paul said, the IHRA is for racers not socializers like the NHRA...the IHRA Box class pays out even more, btw...

Now if you compare the world finals, what the NHRA gives the points racers versus the IHRA, it is almost comical how short the NHRA comes up...I raced the NHRA for many years and once I got a taste of the IHRA it was like night and day....

I really do not care what sanction folks race under...I look for the best bang for my buck and, in this respect, the IHRA treats the sportsman racer way, way better than the NHRA...sadly, I now have to choose a track 80 minutes or 210 minutes away to race IHRA points...thanks Ozzy...sigh...

I have no doubt whatsoever that Ozzy got a great deal out of the NHRA...they were down to one track in Florida and were reeling....no doubt they gave him anything he wanted to get back in the game down here...no disrespect but Ozzy is out for Ozzy and he is a businessman first and foremost...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 09-23-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:13 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I figured you'd have something to say.

I've never raced IHRA (never raced for points in NHRA either though)

It does seem like the IHRA is the better deal. One thing you often read about online is how the sportsman racers are treated like crap by the NHRA.

Get notified of new replies

To Ozzy pulls all 4 tracks -IHRA to NHRA.

Quick Reply: Ozzy pulls all 4 tracks -IHRA to NHRA.