Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Orlando Speedworld Night of Fire...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Orlando Speedworld Night of Fire...

I ran the title event this weekend or at least my car did....lol...it was a busy weekend beginning on Thursday...

We pulled out the converter on Thursday to be tweaked by FTI...we thought the tranny fluid had a bit too much silver in it so on Thursday afternoon I dropped off the trans and converter to FTI...talk about customer service...

I picked up the finished product at 11:00 AM on Friday...wow!...they went through the tranny and it was fine...they put a new bearing and seal on the tailshaft is all...the converter was loosened up 500 rpm so I could launch off the foot a bit higher...we put both back in the car and then found and fixed an issue I had been having with the trans brake button...it was bad....lol...replaced that sucker and started the car...oops!...heavy fuel smell...sigh...

No wonder we smelled fuel as the regulator was spouting fuel like old faithful and all over the coil, btw....now it is Friday night at 8PM...sheesh...we put some of that Quick Steel stuff on it and hoped for the best...a rebuild kit has been ordered for next week...

I got to the track at noon on Saturday...we fired up the car and the putty stuff held...woot!...I could not shoe the car as my back is still out from a fall at work...my buddy did the honors...both time shots went flawless, 6.73 and 6.68 and a 1.42 short time....the converter worked perfectly...

Today was eliminations with no time shots...my buddy won round one easily with a .009 light against a good racer in an S Dime...round two not so good....he treed his guy in a vega with a .030 tree to his opponents .070...unfortunately he gave back the stripe by .013 going 4 over...my guy holds numbers and was holding 6...my car does not stop like his and his normal drop point did not work out...oh well...

Anyway, we got the info we needed so I am ready for the big bottom bulb race next weekend...5 grand to win next Saturday and Sunday at SGMP...my back will just have to be ready...lol...we will rebuild the regulator at the track up in Georgia...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 10-30-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:12 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts

a few guys can hop into an 'unknown' car, then lay down .009 & .011 RT the 1st two hits, and most of them are lucky

Rob Reynolds isn't one of them

Quick Reply: Orlando Speedworld Night of Fire...