Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Question about roll control

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 10:04 AM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Question about roll control

I have a dumb question for you experienced drag racers.

I have a hurst line lock/roll control. I have seen others mention using the roll control at the starting line. My question is how do you use one with a manual transmission?

Seems like if you are using a roll control to ride the clutch out closer to the friction zone that you would glaze the clutch prior to leaving the tree? And your RPM's are gonna drop as the clutch starts to engage, requiring more throttle and clutch slip and back to glazing the clutch prior to launch.

TIA

Hoping for some good DA friday and working on a new PB. Wont be hard to beat as I havent put down a good run yet. But I gotta get my 60' down. Going on rear bias ply for the first time and front skinnies.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 AM
jallen355
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you come up with a method for using your line lock on the starting line? Or have you relegated it to burn out duty only.

I just installed one in my '02-Z MN6 with the activation button built into the shift **** itself. I tried what you are describing..."once". Just a quick test drive to verify operation, really. Definitely would require some practice and I wonder if there'd ultimately be any benefit, at all to using it on the line.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 AM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jallen355
Did you come up with a method for using your line lock on the starting line? Or have you relegated it to burn out duty only.

I just installed one in my '02-Z MN6 with the activation button built into the shift **** itself. I tried what you are describing..."once". Just a quick test drive to verify operation, really. Definitely would require some practice and I wonder if there'd ultimately be any benefit, at all to using it on the line.
no, I never tried it. I'm sure there is some benefit as you can get a cleaner launch. But to me, it's just another thing that has to be timed perfectly with the release of the button, clutch and pressing the accelerator. I'm sure I will give it a whirl next time.

One thing for sure , it will definitely increase the wear on the clutch. But it's all for faster ET, right? You can't out a price on that.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about roll control

Quick Reply: Question about roll control