Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

RSD roll bar questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 03:36 AM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default RSD roll bar questions

Hey guys i have a couple of questions about the RSD roll bars and tech

1) I know their website says NHRA legal, but I know the rule book also says any car with a stock frame has to have the roll bars welded to the stock frame. I don't plan on running at events that aren't grudge/no ET/TNT type of stuff, but I do plan on running airstrip events and wouldn't wanna get turned away. Also are the swing out door bars still NHRA legal? I shouldn't be under 10.00

2) how much of the foot space does the floor mounts take up? I have big ol Sasquatch feet and space is a premium down there

Anyone got pics of a red cage in a mod red interior since I'm here? Lol
Old 12-09-2016, 11:46 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

I have the RSD 6 Point bar in my '12 C6 GS. I am a big guy at 6'4" 240 lbs and while tight the door bar intrusion into foot space is not too bad.

I have the same concerns as you about the legality under strict NHRA rules per the rule book. I don't dispute the vendor claims but the "evidence" to back them up seems somewhat circumstantial from my research. I think it comes down to the call by your local track tech inspector.

BIGMAC
Old 12-11-2016, 03:24 AM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
I have the RSD 6 Point bar in my '12 C6 GS. I am a big guy at 6'4" 240 lbs and while tight the door bar intrusion into foot space is not too bad.

I have the same concerns as you about the legality under strict NHRA rules per the rule book. I don't dispute the vendor claims but the "evidence" to back them up seems somewhat circumstantial from my research. I think it comes down to the call by your local track tech inspector.

BIGMAC
From what I've seen at Milan the techs aren't too stiff it's the airstrip stuff I'm more worried about. I'm 6'2 280 so it's good to know that big dudes can still get in around it

Get notified of new replies

To RSD roll bar questions

Quick Reply: RSD roll bar questions