Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

If it wasn't for Bad Luck...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 303 Likes on 137 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default If it wasn't for Bad Luck...

I wouldn't have any at all....

I skipped the Savannah River event for $5K to win due to cold...29 this morning and 49 high...not my cup of tea...I went to Lakeland instead to race for a Wally...

Got to the track and the car barely started to get off the trailer...WTF?...I charged the battery all night to dead full...I some how made it through one timeshot just barely...I put the charger on it and got to a full charge once again...car started perfectly and off I went for my 2nd time shot...went to start it in the staging lanes and it barely turned over...I got to the point of staging but knew all was off so I idled down the track and put her on the trailer without shutting off...

Stopped at an Advance discount joint on the way home and the battery was shot...put in a new 880 cold crank and it starts like a dream now...oh well...at least I will be ready for the New Years Nationals at SGMP on the 29th-1st...look for me on the MMTV live stream from there starting on the 30th...I hope to have my broken switch panel and broken throttle cable replaced and my air shifter replaced with a new CO2 system by then...sigh....
Old 12-12-2016, 10:00 AM
96collector
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Good thing you didn't go all the way up to Savannah River that would have been a drive.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

I'll be looking for you on MMTV Dan. All the best.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

The car goes in the shop tomorrow....should be ready for the New Years event...thanks Bob...I'll be trying to hurt some feelings...lol...
Old 12-15-2016, 10:19 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
The car goes in the shop tomorrow..should be ready for the New Years event...thanks Bob...I'll be trying to hurt some feelings...lol...
FD,

Good luck with the car. Next Level Performance in Longwood was finally able to start working on my C6 yesterday. The A6 trans was not out when I stopped by but enough stuff was off for the tech to show me the trans case was split...and you know what that means for the parts inside and for my wallet. This was on run #3 of a "built" A6 supposedly good for 1000+ RWHP.

I see Ozzy has the OSW schedule for January out and lo and behold points races are 1/7 and 1/21! Early start and 2 races in January! I guess he is going to adopt the policy of the prior owner to run earlier and more often in the good weather months and suspend points races during the summer. Fine by me. Thank goodness I have the "Ole Reliable" C5 to race.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I hope to see you in the new year ripping off .00 lights and mid-6 et's!

BIGMAC
Old 12-16-2016, 09:33 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by BIGMAC
FD,

Good luck with the car. Next Level Performance in Longwood was finally able to start working on my C6 yesterday. The A6 trans was not out when I stopped by but enough stuff was off for the tech to show me the trans case was split...and you know what that means for the parts inside and for my wallet. This was on run #3 of a "built" A6 supposedly good for 1000+ RWHP.

I see Ozzy has the OSW schedule for January out and lo and behold points races are 1/7 and 1/21! Early start and 2 races in January! I guess he is going to adopt the policy of the prior owner to run earlier and more often in the good weather months and suspend points races during the summer. Fine by me. Thank goodness I have the "Ole Reliable" C5 to race.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I hope to see you in the new year ripping off .00 lights and mid-6 et's!

BIGMAC
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well, Mac...sorry to hear about the tranny...sheesh...we try to do things right and.....my car went to Rob's shop yesterday and hope to have it back for the New Years Nats...

I saw the OSW schedule...sweet start to the season...I plan to run OSW this year and maybe Green Cove as well since I am not a fan of the NHRA at all...we'll see...
Old 12-17-2016, 03:41 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Best of success with the upgrades!

I'll look for you on MMTV.

Get notified of new replies

To If it wasn't for Bad Luck...

Quick Reply: If it wasn't for Bad Luck...