Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Real world difference in going from ~ 800 RWHP to 1000 RWHP or even 1200 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 01:13 PM
smokinstorm
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Real world difference in going from ~ 800 RWHP to 1000 RWHP or even 1200 RWHP

Things finally came together at the end of last season after suffering badly all year with various things. So what do you do after 1 outing where the car sort of worked well? Obviously you change everything over the Winter so you can start all over again, right? I sold the P1SC-1 supercharger on the car making 809 RWHP and purchased an F1-A version. New injectors to go along with the new supercharger to supply adequate fuel. We're also stepping up to C16 on the race tune this year to make sure we've got detonation under control. Who has stepped up in power from ~800 RWHP to ~1000 RWHP or even more? What were the real world increases in performance you saw? I've run the numbers through the "performance calculators" and they say we should pick up .4 tenths in the 1/8th and add about 7-8 MPH stepping up to the 1000 RWHP level from where we were. Since this is just using physics and is quite theoretical I was just wondering about what we should realisticially expect to gain from this. We've also got some 28 x 10 x 16 inch slicks we're switching over to from the Mickey Thompson 305/45-17 radials and each tire/rim is 13 pounds lighter which has to help quite a big both in traction and the moment of inertia. The other side is the law of diminishing returns so......any ideas of what I should expect this year? Thanks.

Last edited by smokinstorm; 01-16-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Real world difference in going from ~ 800 RWHP to 1000 RWHP or even 1200 RWHP