Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

BBC Gen IV Oil Pan

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Vogie
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default BBC Gen IV Oil Pan

I'm installing an aftermaket block (Gen IV configuration) in a 67 chassis. I want to use an aftermarket oil pan. I'm looking for comments on successes and failures with various oil pans. What fits and what doesn't. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:00 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,877 Likes on 915 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Most of them will work fine assuming you don't have P/S or the steering damper in there. There are some that will clear them too though.

I've used the Moroso kickout stroker pan and it did pretty well on the 427. It never worked as well on the 540...had oil pressure issues. I went to the Milodon stepped drag race pan and solved oiling issues as well as added a few HP. it just barely fits with a little work on the drag link. No big deal. The Moroso drag pans as well as the Reher Morrison versions of them are just a hair too deep in the front to clear our setups without more serious mods.

You can use the basic LS-7 pan with the trap doors and do fine also and have decent ground clearance. The Moroso's are about 1/4" above the scattershield and the Milodon is about 1/4" below it. The Milodon's design is much better in my opinion. it has integral scraper and full length kickout on right side. You will likely need a mini starter to use it that can be re-positioned. The Moroso will clear a stock starter.

So it all depends on how big a motor and how high you're going to rev it.

JIM
Old 12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Vogie
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the information. It helps narrow the search.

Get notified of new replies

To BBC Gen IV Oil Pan

Quick Reply: BBC Gen IV Oil Pan