Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

anyone use the RHS heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:09 PM
panchop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone use the RHS heads

I'm looking at there IRON SBC 220 runner, 72cc head for my upcoming 406 build.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:16 AM
comp
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Entropy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I think that RHS is the new name of the old Pro topline head company (from New Zealand). I believe EdzRed72 has run a set, hopefully he will chime in (i know his were aluminum). Heard good things about Pro Topline, haven't heard much about RHS, but its still pretty new.

trw
Old 04-08-2006, 02:56 AM
GOSFAST
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 72 stingray owner
I think that RHS is the new name of the old Pro topline head company (from New Zealand). I believe EdzRed72 has run a set, hopefully he will chime in (i know his were aluminum). Heard good things about Pro Topline, haven't heard much about RHS, but its still pretty new.

trw
The entire line of heads are able to make some serious HP. We used the 235 Aluminum's on the last 406 SB we delivered. Unit came off the dyno with 580 HP/523 Torque on 93 Octane. Comp Cams/RHS is the same company. They bought into the foundry a short while ago. Many other 400's have been in the same area. All these used mechanical rollers with 4500 carbs.

We can make excellent power as well with the "iron" heads, but the Aluminum's are more popular. With a pair of iron's in the price range of around 600.00 it's a good deal.

The BB heads, also aluminum, can produce 730+ HP on 89 Octane with a hydraulic-retro cam. The heads mentioned above were ported "in-house". The BB's basically were "as is" from the box, with a minor touch up on the valve job. We do buy all our heads as blanks and set them up ourselves. Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. Whether you get them bare or ready to go, we would recommend having them checked out thoroughly. Many heads on the "playing field" tend to exagerate the flow numbers somewhat, we've found these fairly accurate in the past.

Last edited by GOSFAST; 04-08-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:50 PM
panchop
Melting Slicks

well just ordered a set of their bare heads, 220 runners, 72 CC chambers from jegs.Came to about $590 delivered. not bad. They had to be special ordered and it was a pain but the'll be here in a couple weeks and I'll get them to my head guy.
Thanks
Greg

Get notified of new replies

To anyone use the RHS heads

Quick Reply: anyone use the RHS heads