Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Engine Schematic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Finkelstein
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Schematic?

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I have a car project I will be starting on in the future but I'm trying to get everything squared away.

I've chosen the LS3 engine as my powerplant and plan to build it by hand from the block up. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get my hand on a schematic of the engine? I've heard someone say try looking in Barnes and Nobles book store in the automotive but I was also looking for a complete engine layout even if it is in parts. I can't imagine the engine being too much but I don't want to miss out on a washer or bearing that's usually connected on the end of a shaft.

Thanks for the help

~John
Old 11-20-2013, 08:28 AM
mr.beachcomber
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

What you're looking for is a GM Assembly Service Manual (ASM) for the LS3. (Click to see an example.) I would try contacting a local GM dealer to see if they have an out-of-date version they're no longer using. Haven't had much luck finding one on the Internet; but there's always eBay! (Someone must have copied one by now.)

Good luck with your build!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Finkelstein
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll post back on the forum if I have success. Thanks a ton man.

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Schematic?

Quick Reply: Engine Schematic?