Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

STS Turbo Manufacturing has closed! Business up for Auction!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:49 PM
2sikDET
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Turbo Manufacturing has closed! Business up for Auction!

I have no affiliation with STS Turbo other than being a customer/consumer. I own a 2001 Corvette Z06 with their Base Twin Turbo kit. I made attempts last week to contact them about ordering some upgrade parts and received no response. I began to notice other customers posting on sites like F.B. , to their message boards, who had the same problems in contacting them. I did a search on Google and this is what I had discovered.

http://www.statewideauctionco.com/st...o-auction.html

The business has been closed and put up for auction through the STATEWIDE AUCTION COMPANY, Utah. No other information has been listed as to why or what had happened to their company other than the entire business, equipment and US PATENTS are being auctioned off on APRIL 21st, 10:00AM, OREM, UTAH.

As an owner/customer of their Twin Turbo kit, I have enjoyed the set-up since 2010 when I had purchased it and it has been solid. I am writing this simply to pass on the information I was able to discover.

UPDATE

***Check out www.squiresperformance.com *** Mr. Squires wrote an explanation of what had become of the old STS Turbo business. Also STS Turbo will be back! Great news and as an owner and customer I wish him a successful restructure.

Last edited by 2sikDET; 06-03-2015 at 08:08 AM. Reason: News update
Old 04-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 2sikDET
I have no affiliation with STS Turbo other than being a customer/consumer. I own a 2001 Corvette Z06 with their Base Twin Turbo kit. I made attempts last week to contact them about ordering some upgrade parts and received no response. I began to notice other customers posting on sites like F.B. , to their message boards, who had the same problems in contacting them. I did a search on Google and this is what I had discovered.

http://www.statewideauctionco.com/st...o-auction.html

The business has been closed and put up for auction through the STATEWIDE AUCTION COMPANY, Utah. No other information has been listed as to why or what had happened to their company other than the entire business, equipment and US PATENTS are being auctioned off on APRIL 21st, 10:00AM, OREM, UTAH.

As an owner/customer of their Twin Turbo kit, I have enjoyed the set-up since 2010 when I had purchased it and it has been solid. I am writing this simply to pass on the information I was able to discover.
That sucks. I LOVE my kit. Have been running it for years.
I wonder who purchased the Patents...
Old 05-11-2015, 08:34 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

changed their name

http://www.squiresperformance.com/

Russell Alexander I was just informed that Rick has purchased the stock, pattents and JIGs and will bring STS back!
was just informed on facebook

Robert N Crystal Hinton so they just changed their name.
Like · 4 mins

Russell Alexander Nope, Rick sold out a while back so he could build custom cars and do more hands on work. The guy who bough it just filed chapter 11 and Rick just purchased everything back from the bank and will be bring STS Back on line asap so keep an eye out there.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:08 PM
2sikDET
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good to hear an update.

Awesome, that's great news! I still have fun with my STS kit. Soon to be spinning the Comp Turbo oil-less units!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:02 AM
liv2race
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Family friend, I worked for Rick and STS when it was just he Dave and I when the company first started.

Also I own a 2001 Z06 with an STS kit. Good to hear it is all working out
Old 07-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Big_George_S
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Bad news/Good news

I'm currently on vacation and just doing some web surfing and getting caught up on lots of hobbies, including my Vett. I Installed the STS system in my '04 back in mid 2011. Once we dialed it in it has been rock solid ever since. Every time I take the car out I get at least from somebody and often get the question "Hey is that thing supercharged or what?" The twins give off a distinctive wine behind the car and folks take note.

Good news to hear that Squire will be taking over and will hopefully be able to provide future support if needed.

Get notified of new replies

To STS Turbo Manufacturing has closed! Business up for Auction!

Quick Reply: STS Turbo Manufacturing has closed! Business up for Auction!