Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

CARTEK Flip Drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Don4220
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARTEK Flip Drive

If you are thinking of purchasing a CARTEK Flip Drive save your money. I have one on a C6 which was installed by ECS, not me. It has been the biggest headache of any mod I have ever made to any car in my entire life. You will be replacing belts every 1200 to 1500 miles. I had an appointment with CARTEK to look at & correct but had to cancel due to water pump & fan issues. When I tried to reschedule by calling & leaving voice messages & sending emails, MANY times I would get NO response. CARTEK's customer service after the sale is nonexistent, he could care less about you after he makes the sell. I have about $1,000.00 in belt replacement bills over five belt replacements every 1200 or so miles. I will be removing & throwing it in the trash over the winter.

If you would like to see a copy of the detailed email I sent to both CARTEK & ECS asking for help leave me know I will be glad to forward to you.

Last edited by Don4220; 11-10-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Details
Old 11-10-2015, 04:43 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Don4220
If you are thinking of purchasing a CARTEK Flip Drive save your money. I have one on a C6 which was installed by ECS. It has been the biggest headache of any mod I have ever made to any car in my entire life. You will be replacing belts every 1200 to 1500 miles. I had an appointment with them to look at & correct but had to cancel due to water pump & fan issues. When I tried to reschedule by calling & leaving voice messages & sending emails, MANY times I would get NO response. Their customer service after the sale is nonexistent, he could care less about you after he makes the sell. I have about $1,000.00 in belt replacement bills over five belt replacements every 1200 or so miles. I will be removing & throwing it in the trash over the winter.

If you would like to see a copy of the detailed email I sent to both CARTEK & ECS asking for help leave me know I will be glad to forward to you.

Sorry for your frustration Don, I looked threw the email stream from you to review what was going on with this.
The last thing I see is where Chris sent you some free parts that were damaged while being worked on at the dealership and questions to Cartek that were never answered.

I agree that someone from Cartek certainly should have gotten back to you regarding their product, but we are willing to step up and see what we can do for you, same as before when you were scheduled with us.
Let me know if you would like to schedule again and hopefully we can resolve the issues, or just figure out what is going on with it at the least.

We are aware that you do not beat on your car and these issues should not be a "normal" part of driving a supercharged car.

We are working on a solution to this product that we are hoping to have completed this winter. Being that winter is right around the corner, if you can hold off on any major change would hopefully allow us to upgrade your existing set up once available. Then it is not a complete loss. Being in the infant stages though I do not have an exact time frame on when that will be available.

Although it's certainly more frustrating to you, it is also very frustrating to us as well when we as the distributor are caught in the middle of it without much we can do about it. Well other then make a huge revision to the product which is not what we intended to do, or wanted to do. Regardless though, we will do what we can to assist you in the situation.

Chris will email you once we have things in order, feel free to contact us anytime if you want it looked at in it's present 4 rib drive set up.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Don4220
Cruising

Default CARTEK Flip Drive

Doug, Thanks for your quick reply. I do want it to be clear that it is CARTEK that is not responding to my calls & emails. I understand & agree that you should not have to rebuild/modify CARTEK products. However it sounds like I must not be the only one having issues. My car is down for the winter, if you guys are working on a modification/solution that can correct my issue I will be glad to bring it down to you. I am more than satisfied with the engine work you guys at ECS have done on my car, the drive system is the only issue I have. On the one occasion I did get to talk with Julio at CATEK he stated he could correct the issue but no responses since. If you guys can leave me know when you want to schedule once you have worked out your mod I will bring it down to you.

I will send you the detailed email I sent out earlier this year.

THANKS Doug

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Sorry for your frustration Don, I looked threw the email stream from you to review what was going on with this.
The last thing I see is where Chris sent you some free parts that were damaged while being worked on at the dealership and questions to Cartek that were never answered.

I agree that someone from Cartek certainly should have gotten back to you regarding their product, but we are willing to step up and see what we can do for you, same as before when you were scheduled with us.
Let me know if you would like to schedule again and hopefully we can resolve the issues, or just figure out what is going on with it at the least.

We are aware that you do not beat on your car and these issues should not be a "normal" part of driving a supercharged car.

We are working on a solution to this product that we are hoping to have completed this winter. Being that winter is right around the corner, if you can hold off on any major change would hopefully allow us to upgrade your existing set up once available. Then it is not a complete loss. Being in the infant stages though I do not have an exact time frame on when that will be available.

Although it's certainly more frustrating to you, it is also very frustrating to us as well when we as the distributor are caught in the middle of it without much we can do about it. Well other then make a huge revision to the product which is not what we intended to do, or wanted to do. Regardless though, we will do what we can to assist you in the situation.

Chris will email you once we have things in order, feel free to contact us anytime if you want it looked at in it's present 4 rib drive set up.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Don4220
Cruising

Hello Doug, Please leave me know when you guys have an upgrade avail to correct my issue. I do remember Chris telling me my car was the last one you guys did with the setup I have. My car is down for the winter so I can trailer down to you when you are ready for it. THANKS

Get notified of new replies

To CARTEK Flip Drive

Quick Reply: CARTEK Flip Drive