Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

automatic transmission problems lt1-4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 05:53 PM
blackguard
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default automatic transmission problems lt1-4l60e

Not on a corvette but a 95 camaro. I had a jet performance tranny with a 2800 rpm stall. Killed it, nothing above second gear. Bought a Netgearhead.com stage III racing tranny and a Yank 3500rpm nitrous converter. Got it in last Tuesday. Shifted awesome for a week. Now, yesterday, exactly a week later, i've got nothing above second gear again. It just goes into neutral when its suppose to go into third and revs up till it hits the rev limiter. Tranny has a new hayden cooler, the fluid level is fine and looks and smells ok. Any ideas on what is causing the tranny to go out? I wasn't hard on the tranny at all yet. Is it possible the the electrical harness to it could have a short and be blowing the tranny or can the computer cause the tranny to go bad? Just trying to figure out why it has exactly the same problem. The tranny is warrantied but I have to pay the shipping and I don't want the new tranny to blow also.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:35 PM
JUAN J SANCHEZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: automatic transmission problems lt1-4l60e (blackguard)

Look into hooking up a scan tool and check to see what the 2-3 3-4 solenoids are doing when your trans is suppose to go into 3rd gear. Do this,after of course, checking all your harness connectors and the harness itself. Sounds like you may have some type of electrical or wiring problem. How much power do you have? What went wrong with the jet trans? Good Luck! :confused:

Quick Reply: automatic transmission problems lt1-4l60e