Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Holley Carb Connections?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:40 AM
piratemike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holley Carb Connections?

Hello Everyone,
I have a few questions about the connections on a Holley carb. I have a Holley 9834-3(4160), 600CFM, VAC Sec, that I would like to use on my 1972 Vette. On the carb I can tell where the fuel inlet,PCV, and VAC advance connections are however, on my Q-jet there is a connection for the brake booster and another line going to the VAC cannister. Where will I need to conect these two items?

Any info on using this carb would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Mike
Old 11-06-2004, 09:17 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Manifold vacuum.

Hello Mike. U still there? I know this post is nearly a month old and sorry i've missed it. :o
Well on my '74 that brk booster line comes off a 1/2 vac line that takes suction on the carb (Qjet/Holley) base plate at rear of carb. I think the latter models may have used a filter in the booster line too. And the vac canister uses a little 1/4" (or maybe 1/8") vac line from an intake mounted fitting that does have both a check valve and a filter - this line is also tee'd to the console climate controls. Remember air flow is towards the carb/intake.
Most manifold vac carb connections are easy to identify with a thin stiff piece of wire while carb off manifold. Most manifold vac connections just connect directly under carb butterflys (base plate). The ported vac connections - vac advance, snorkle dampner vlvs - are trickier but sometimes can be reviled by using a spray through nozzle tube - WD40, etc - and even sometimes the fine wire trick will work too but b careful.
So to answer ur request the brk bstr connects to manifold as close to carb as possible with a 1/2 line/fitting. The vac cannister can use really any small intake connection. Both are full intake vacuum connections - not ported vac.
Happy hunting. cardo0 :

Quick Reply: Holley Carb Connections?