F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

No C7 then Yes Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 06:58 PM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No C7 then Yes Camaro?

This is NOT another I don't like the looks of a C7 thread but I am curious if you like the looks of one but not the other since the C7 tail lights take the brunt of the bashing.

I found myself loving the motor the interior, etc. of the C7 A LOT but couldn't put my finger on why I was so luke warm about the style. I am not a fan of the faceted hood look and can take or leave the tail lights but then it dawned on me that I really didn't care for the new look Camaro when it came back looking like it looks.

Maybe I'm carbon dating myself a bit and indeed Chevy needs to get as many age groups interested in their products but they both remind me of the Hot Wheels cars I collected as a kid and loved but I'm not ready for that in real life. I don't like the narrow glass/windows proportions at all on the Camaro just like I don't like the glass on the Chrysler 300.

How about you?
Old 01-18-2014, 07:14 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vforrest
This is NOT another I don't like the looks of a C7 thread but I am curious if you like the looks of one but not the other since the C7 tail lights take the brunt of the bashing.

I found myself loving the motor the interior, etc. of the C7 A LOT but couldn't put my finger on why I was so luke warm about the style. I am not a fan of the faceted hood look and can take or leave the tail lights but then it dawned on me that I really didn't care for the new look Camaro when it came back looking like it looks.

Maybe I'm carbon dating myself a bit and indeed Chevy needs to get as many age groups interested in their products but they both remind me of the Hot Wheels cars I collected as a kid and loved but I'm not ready for that in real life. I don't like the narrow glass/windows proportions at all on the Camaro just like I don't like the glass on the Chrysler 300.

How about you?
Your in the wrong section.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The C7 forum is over there.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:42 PM
ExRedRacer
Team Owner

Received 1,029 Likes on 549 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Oh no...not another one!!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 PM
caker
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HotWheels...

Yes , i know what you mean. The C7 got 9 years of new advancments in technology and styling all at once from the C6 era. It is much like a concept Hot Wheels come to life and you can buy it for real. C6 Corvettes are still beautiful cars along with C5's and so on.The C7 is just advanced different. It can cost 1 to 6 billion dollars to design and make a new car from the ground up happen,and i dont think any one car maker sets out to make a bad car. GM as well as other car makers are starting to put ideas and thoughts to real cars you can buy, and it has been along time coming.GM and the entire C7 Corvette team did a great job with this futuristic new car.Nothing on the car is stale,with its knife edge lines down to the superb chassis and drive train.
I for one wouldn't mind having that rocket-ship.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 PM
vforrest
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about you?
Well someone moved this thread...I have never been to this section. Since I have a C6 I hang out in that section. I put it in the C6 General Discussion because there has been tons of opinions and threads about how plenty of the C6 people don't like the C7 design....hence that is why I put it there.

Now that this thread has been moved here....will those strong opinioned C6 owners even see this question here. I wish you would have left it alone. I don't even know what this section means...F-body...means Camaro?

Last edited by vforrest; 01-18-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:20 PM
caker
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well someone moved this thread...I have never been to this section. Since I have a C6 I hang out in that section. I put it in the C6 General Discussion because there has been tons of opinions and threads about how plenty of the C6 people don't like the C7 design....hence that is why I put it there.

Now that this thread has been moved here....will those strong opinioned C6 owners even see this question here. I wish you would have left it alone. I don't even know what this section means...F-body...means Camaro?
Ya this is a werid place for it , It belongs in C6 general for sure, F Body is this a joke?
Old 05-11-2014, 08:04 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I just picked up a very new 2013 Camaro SS2, (1,740 miles) not because I dislike the C7 but for something a bit different and because the price was right.

I still have my 2007 Corvette and thoroughly enjoy it. I've already upgraded the interior and the sound system so no real need for a C7.

Get notified of new replies

To No C7 then Yes Camaro?

Quick Reply: No C7 then Yes Camaro?