F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Ballpark range of 67 Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:45 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Ballpark range of 67 Camaros

Put my 67 Camino up on ebay sick to my stomach over it

But wanting to buy a house....and hoping to have enough left over for a decent 67 Camaro the one car thats haunted me.

Prefer an rs

Not something totally restored but not a project either
Maybe something with a decent interior presentable paint that maybe I could stick a better motor in something like that make a DD out of it and beat on without feeling bad about it those types of cars are more fun than something "perfect" .

Dont want anything too nice...did that with my Camino and as much as I like driving dont like leaving it parked anywhere. Want something I can use more and not cry over a door ding.

I dont care about #s matching garbage or even if its a fake.

Ballpark ranges of these today?
Old 11-21-2014, 05:30 PM
kcust62
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Put my 67 Camino up on ebay sick to my stomach over it

But wanting to buy a house....and hoping to have enough left over for a decent 67 Camaro the one car thats haunted me.

Prefer an rs

Not something totally restored but not a project either
Maybe something with a decent interior presentable paint that maybe I could stick a better motor in something like that make a DD out of it and beat on without feeling bad about it those types of cars are more fun than something "perfect" .

Dont want anything too nice...did that with my Camino and as much as I like driving dont like leaving it parked anywhere. Want something I can use more and not cry over a door ding.

I dont care about #s matching garbage or even if its a fake.

Ballpark ranges of these today?
Prices vary considerably...depends on what you're looking for. Decent DD's with a base 6 banger and three on the tree to SS/RS or Z/28 tribute or clone will run between 20K and 30K. Real SS, RS, & Z-28's will start at $40K and go thru the roof. 30K to 40K range will get you a quality weekend driver/local show car type. Again, depends on what you want...good luck in your search
Old 11-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

As far as options, this one only lacks a rag top....the cowl tag is full on this unrestored or unmolested 67....and numbers matching...1 of 1100 and probably the only one that's still original....and expensive

Old 11-24-2014, 06:22 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Ironcross can I come live in your garage?
Id love another 67 rs even if it was "fake".
My Camino didnt sell on ebay....I could list it again I suppose but trying to get into a house. Not giving up yet

15-20k would seem reas for something thats not a rusted heap of a project but not super nice either

Is that an L78?
Old 11-24-2014, 12:09 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

My Camino didnt sell on ebay....I could list it again I suppose but trying to get into a house. Not giving up yet

15-20k would seem reas for something thats not a rusted heap of a project but not super nice either

Is that an L78?
What kind of shape is your current Camaro in? If it's anything decent, I think you'd be much better off, LONG TERM financially, to keep it. You might get the money you feel you need to get the bigger house, but A) do you really need the bigger house; and B) getting another early Camaro will cost you a LOT more in the future, as good ones become rarer and rarer.

Just my $0.02 worth.....
Old 11-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Is that an L78?
Yes, L-78...and it only has 100 mjles on it from our machine shop in Walts Auto Supply...The same place all the National Champion "Walts Puffers" are from. We build them as if they were designated for our race cars

I mentioned that the cowl tag was almost completely full......A few OE options are,
SS 396, L-78, 4 speed, 4.1 posi rear gear, consol, gauges, disc brakes, power steering, Al Knoch deluxe leather interior, wood wheel, tilt wheel, rally sport, tinted glass, vinyl top, And its all there.......

Cars are a serious habit with me
Old 11-25-2014, 07:59 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

"Walt's Puffer"........there's a blast from the past!

When I was a kid, and my cars still came from 'AMT', they produced a Fiat drag car kit, and the decal sheet that came with the kit had the logo "Walt's Puffer" included. I never realized that there was actually a real drag car out there by that name....
Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Ironcross
Race Director

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
"Walt's Puffer"........there's a blast from the past!

When I was a kid, and my cars still came from 'AMT', they produced a Fiat drag car kit, and the decal sheet that came with the kit had the logo "Walt's Puffer" included. I never realized that there was actually a real drag car out there by that name....
The name came from my Dad`s habit of chewing and smoking cigars...Walt`s puffing on his cigar and the auto parts store name was his first name, Walts. .....Skip Anderson from AMT always saw us at the Detroit Dragway and approached my Dad about making a model of the Puffer. Thus, the Double Dragster kit.....Its considered to be a collectors kit today and now after several re issues even comes with a metal box ......I still have a few first edition kits.......Fiat Chrysler as recent as their merger used the Puffer in one of there adds to illustrate that a Chrysler Fiat merger was always a successful combination from the use of a Chrysler engine and a Fiat body and a picture confirmed it......

The Model,

The real thing.....National Champion and World record car....first Altered to go 150 on gas Thanksgiving day, Chester South Carolina 1959

Show room of Walts

It wasn`t all racing.....

Last edited by Ironcross; 11-26-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:41 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Speaking of AMT "re-issues".....I was in the "Hobby Lobby' a while back, and got looking in their model car aisle. I saw several of the kits that I built back in the early 60s, on the shelf, as "re-issues". That was cool, but the pricing!! I bought the single kits for $1.49, and I think the "double kits", lite the Fiat Altered, and the twin engine dragster, were maybe $2.49.

There was an AMT '25 T "double kit", that I remember from the 60s, and Hobby Lobby had it priced at $24.95....
Old 12-01-2014, 10:55 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Wow cool stuff.
On camaros worked for a guy out here many yrs ago by the name of Dupree big time Camaro/C1-2 guy restored a lot of them. One was a marina blue/white car had the alum head solid lifter 396. Dont know if it was "real" or not but never forgot the way that thing sounded. Guy had every rare/obsolete part you could think of and tons of it. Probably still does

Leadfoot mines a Camino not Camaro. Went waaaaay overboard on a 10 yr frame off restomod but the colors not so popular and most would deem it undriveable on the street .I live for big heads compression and bif solid cams. Probably best off to keep it. Renting now so really need a house er garage anyway. Sure the Camaros will keep going up but once I realized what I could get for mine wouldnt come anywhere near a strong down payment it seemed like waste selling

Last edited by cv67; 12-01-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:38 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Wow cool stuff.
On camaros worked for a guy out here many yrs ago by the name of Dupree big time Camaro/C1-2 guy restored a lot of them. One was a marina blue/white car had the alum head solid lifter 396. Dont know if it was "real" or not but never forgot the way that thing sounded. Guy had every rare/obsolete part you could think of and tons of it. Probably still does

Leadfoot mines a Camino not Camaro. Went waaaaay overboard on a 10 yr frame off restomod but the colors not so popular and most would deem it undriveable on the street .I live for big heads compression and bif solid cams. Probably best off to keep it. Renting now so really need a house er garage anyway. Sure the Camaros will keep going up but once I realized what I could get for mine wouldnt come anywhere near a strong down payment it seemed like waste selling

That's what I get for "skimming", and not slowly reading. I saw Camaro in the thread title, and my brain translated Camino in the first sentence of the post into "Camaro".....

Old 12-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Ironcross
Race Director

Are you looking for a -El Camino-?

I have a 73 SS 454 with a Leguna front end....I think I posted a picture up above
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

I have a Camino that was on ebay...thought Id pick up a Camaro if it sold to replace it with. Laguna...super cool probably couldnt afford it though but curious!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Come here reading about '67 Camaro prices and find a gem of a piece of history on a great altered.

Get notified of new replies

To Ballpark range of 67 Camaros

Quick Reply: Ballpark range of 67 Camaros