F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

'71 z/28 m22

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:12 PM
68ACADIAN
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Default '71 z/28 m22

I'm listing my buddy's '71 Z/28 for him. It's a code 43-43(Citrus Green) M22 4:10 posi car. The mileage is original. Apparently it's one of 1290 built. I've seen this car and it is a driver. Been repainted once and is 99% rust free. All original sheet metal. As the pic's show, there are seat covers on the seats. The interior is in remarkable good shape considering the year with zero cracks in the dash!! This car is located in South Eastern BC (Canada) in the East Kootenays. He'll take $18k for it. I would like to ask that I be PM'd and I will be glad to forward his info along. If retrieving the vehicle is an issue during these winter months, he'll gladly store the car until spring where it sits now in the pic's. He is a car guy so he does understand the inconvenience of mother nature. It's one of those deals where too many toys so one has to go-unfortunately......

Thanks for looking.......
Attached Images       

Last edited by 68ACADIAN; 02-17-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:24 AM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

He really needs to get some better pictures of the car if he truly hopes to sell it. Pictures of the car outside so you can get side shots, rear shots; etc. He also needs to show the engine, trunk and better interior shots.
Is the car a numbers matching car? Has it been modified? I see aftermarket wheels and wider tires. You say it's been repainted and you can see it's not Citrus Green.

I have owned two second generation Z28's and I think they're great cars. I wish him luck with the sale; it's a steal of a price if the car is correct.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:09 PM
68ACADIAN
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I totally agree with you regarding the pic's. I'm trying to convince him to let me bring the car to my place so I can look it over and get the appropriate numbers off the car that people want to know. It's like pulling teeth with this guy. As for me I'm really curious as well about the authenticity of this car. I have seen the car but I didn't have time to go through it or to look for anything pertaining to being numbers matching. If I was in the position to buy another car I would have it already. If he still has it in the spring I will get more information from it. He's one of those guys who has too many toys and not enough time to play with them........ Oh and he is the third owner and he doesn't drive it.

Last edited by 68ACADIAN; 11-27-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:29 PM
David Mc
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm a second gen guy too ('73 Z-28) and spend time on NastyZ28

These cars are like Corvettes and have their issues too. Rust under the windshield and leaking cowls, leading to rusty floors are common. Also "born with" drivetrains are desired just like Corvettes of the era.

Too bad about the repaint. The original would have been groovy even today

Get notified of new replies

To '71 z/28 m22

Quick Reply: '71 z/28 m22