Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Ground straps

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 07:25 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Ground straps

Can anyone tell me the # and location of the ground straps on a small block with air coupe. Or would onr of the ground strap kits have the location?

Thanks,

Tom McCabe
Old 08-29-2001, 09:20 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Ground straps (sting66ray)

For the 69, you would have a flat copper strip at the radio antenna ground plane, two flat braided copper cables at the exhaust clamps on the forward exhaust support, one flat braided copper cable at the birdcage sill near the driver side #1? body mount, and a rubber covered copper cable from inside the right frame motor support to the engine block.

Now, if you are asking about the 66, I haven't a clue. :jester Oops, the 66 is gone.

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 6:21 PM 8/29/2001]
Old 08-29-2001, 11:04 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: Ground straps (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Sorry guys this is for the '69, I removed a ground strap for the A/C off the radiator support, but don't see it in the AIM, does anyone else have an A/C Car?

Thanks Tom
For the 69, you would have a flat copper strip at the radio antenna ground plane, two flat braided copper cables at the exhaust clamps on the forward exhaust support, one flat braided copper cable at the birdcage sill near the driver side #1? body mount, and a rubber covered copper cable from inside the right frame motor support to the engine block.

Now, if you are asking about the 66, I haven't a clue. :jester Oops, the 66 is gone.

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 6:21 PM 8/29/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To Ground straps

Quick Reply: Ground straps