Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

need HOSE layout diagram 1990 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
JCAESAR
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need HOSE layout diagram 1990 Corvette

Desparately need need HOSE layout diagram 1990 Corvette
OR
even a digital photo of HOSE layout might do.

I am not a mechanic, so I will try to explain as best I can.

PROBLEM:
Someone apparently opened the hood...pulled off all the Spark Plug wires...pulled off all the HOSES...then they actually

put them all back on but in the wrong order.

Noticed when I got in and cranked it...sudden backfire, sputtering, etc. then conking out...

I finally managed to get the correct Spark Plug firing order....so, now it Cranks and Runs...but only will Move on flat

ground...try to go up even a small incline and No Go.

HOSE layout/diagram needed is...
IF I were standing on the Passenger Side of the engine...it would be those going into the area nearer the Front of the

car...and around the air conditioner unit.

There are about 5 hoses there...I see that 1 y's off into 2, etc....these are all visible from just standing & looking down at

that engine...not under the car.

I will gladly mail anyone $20 or whatever IF they can help with this...and I will promise to do it.

Many thanks for any help !

JCAESAR@LAVABIT.COM
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Suggest you post this in the C4 section where it'll get visibility by folks that can help you out.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
pmihaltian
Slingshot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JCAESAR
Desparately need need HOSE layout diagram 1990 Corvette OR even a digital photo of HOSE layout might do.

PROBLEM:
Someone apparently opened the hood...pulled off all the Spark Plug wires...pulled off all the HOSES...then they actually put them all back on but in the wrong order.

Noticed when I got in and cranked it...sudden backfire, sputtering, etc. then conking out...

I finally managed to get the correct Spark Plug firing order....so, now it Cranks and Runs...but only will Move on flat ground...try to go up even a small incline and No Go.

HOSE layout/diagram needed is... IF I were standing on the Passenger Side of the engine...it would be those going into the area nearer the Front of the car...and around the air conditioner unit.

JCAESAR@LAVABIT.COM
Here - take a look at this wiring diagram.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To need HOSE layout diagram 1990 Corvette

Quick Reply: need HOSE layout diagram 1990 Corvette