Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

True Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Paul.Ebach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Mileage

I am not sure where to post this but here goes. I have a 1969 tri black 300/350 4 speed corvette. I live in Maryland and I bought the car in California. I did not go to look at the car I looked at about 200 photos and talked with the owner lots of times. He advertised the car with just 1200 miles on it. When it showed up with the car carrier company it showed just over 34,000 on the odometer. Yes I know I should have flown to see it or walked away but too late now. Everything I have checked is correct with numbers matching and the car had a frame off a few years ago and is spotless top and bottom. My big concern is the mileage. How do I know what is the correct mileage? I know it is not 1,200 but is it around 34,000 or 134,000.
Thanks for the time
Paul
Old 07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Since there is little realistic expectation of a 69 having only 1200 miles on it, I am wondering whether the seller possibly meant 1200 miles since restoration.

If the car is reputed to have only 1200 actual miles in the past forty-five years, I would expect documentation for the mileage to have been with the car at the time of purchase.

Just the same, stranger things have happened. Extremely low miles original cars do pop up every now and then.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Paul.Ebach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks sorry for posting twice

Get notified of new replies

To True Mileage

Quick Reply: True Mileage