Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 03:11 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics?

I am trying to help someone get their original starter rebuilt and the only place I know is Goat Hill Clasics in California.I cant find his # anywhere. :seeya :steering:
Old 12-20-2002, 06:22 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics? (paintdaddy)

Paul Baker is the fellow who owns Goat Hill. His eMail is goathil@aol.com Notice only one "L" in Goat Hill, not two. Chuck
Old 12-20-2002, 10:11 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Default Re: Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics? (Chuck Gongloff)

Thanks. :yesnod: :seeya
Old 12-20-2002, 09:59 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Why send it to California when the best Corvette starter guy in the business is John Pirkle, right next door in Augusta? (706) 860-9047. :steering:
Old 12-21-2002, 04:16 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics? (JohnZ)

You know, JohnZ is 100% correct. John Pirkle in Augusta, Georgia is "the man" for correct Corvette electrical items...starters, alternators, regulators, etc. He's done virtually all the electrical rebuilds on all of my cars. Chuck
Old 12-21-2002, 07:47 AM
M.Y.Freak
Instructor

Ditto on the John Pirkle recommendation. He did a '62 '2268 generator & several M.Y. starters for me & they were all perfectly done, in a timely fashion, & his prices are fair.
Regards, Bob L.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:59 AM
paintdaddy
Drifting

Default Re: Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics? (M.Y.Freak)

Interesting,Ill pass that info on.Thanks.I never liked Goat Hill anyway.He was the only guy I knew that could do that.His booth is near mine at the knoxville show. :thumbs: :seeya
Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 AM
kunkle1958
Heel & Toe

Default Goat hill classics

I have been told to run do not walk away from anything goat hill classics does? My be bad info but two different people made this comment to me unsolicited???
Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by kunkle1958
I have been told to run do not walk away from anything goat hill classics does? My be bad info but two different people made this comment to me unsolicited???
This post is from 2002.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Marlo Moss
5th Gear

Default Goat Hill Classics - RUN not WALK

Originally Posted by kunkle1958
You are correct, RUN don't walk away. Consumer Affairs of Long Beach CA has business rated F. Better Business Alliance in Long Beach CA has numerous open complaints. eBay under alias "aarchivehunter" has feedback at 98.7% with more than 14 negative feedbacks in 6 months. Paul Baker and his assistant Annie will pretend to be knowledgeable and honest, let the complaints and negatives speak for themselves. Paul will up front promise delivery in 10 days or less, you have a better chance of Santa Claus delivering the part via sled than Goat Hill Classics. They are so honest, they can't provide the method of shipment or tracking information when then claim to have sent the parts. Be wise, stay away. Sometimes, cheap is expensive. In their case, expensive is very expensive. I know, I am a victim of their scam.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:01 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Wow. I just came across this.

I was looking for a '72 correct water pump,and they had them advertised.

i called, and the guy would not sell me one unless I gave him my exact engine build date. telling him it was about Nov 15, 1971 was not good enough, he wanted the car VIN or engine number.

i didn't have it handy, and said i would have to call him back. I found threads like this, looking for more info on them.

I did find it really odd he wouldn't sell me a pump, he said he had in stock, unless I gave him car ##s.

Maybe he goes to the local FLAPS and checks their inventory for a correct dated water pump?

Doug

Originally Posted by Marlo Moss
You are correct, RUN don't walk away. Consumer Affairs of Long Beach CA has business rated F. Better Business Alliance in Long Beach CA has numerous open complaints. eBay under alias "aarchivehunter" has feedback at 98.7% with more than 14 negative feedbacks in 6 months. Paul Baker and his assistant Annie will pretend to be knowledgeable and honest, let the complaints and negatives speak for themselves. Paul will up front promise delivery in 10 days or less, you have a better chance of Santa Claus delivering the part via sled than Goat Hill Classics. They are so honest, they can't provide the method of shipment or tracking information when then claim to have sent the parts. Be wise, stay away. Sometimes, cheap is expensive. In their case, expensive is very expensive. I know, I am a victim of their scam.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics?

Quick Reply: Anyone got the # for Goat Hill Classics?