Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland

Old 02-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland

I'm a member of the Mason Dixon Chapter of the NCRS. We have an indoor judging meet scheduled for March 23rd (Sunday) in Glen Burnie, MD. We still have 2 openings in the C4 division. If anyone with an 1984 - 1986 corvette is also an NCRS member (or wants to join), and is interested in having their car judged by NCRS, please let me know ASAP. Details are on the Mason Dixon Chapter, NCRS website: http://www.ncrs.org/masondixon/

For those of you not familiar with NCRS, The NCRS judging standard is - APPEARS as delivered from the factory, no better, no worse without owner or dealer inspired additions, deletions or modifications. There are 5 teams of 2 judges each which will cover all aspects of your car: Interior, exterior, mechanical (engine bay), chassis and operations. All items in the car are judged based on originality and condition.

It is also an excellent opportunity to come out and see what NCRS judging is all about. We will be judging all 4 generations of corvettes at this meet. Observer Judges are still needed for this event. As an observer judge NO EXPERIENCE is necessary. If you preregister and judge or OJ, you get a free lunch! We are also holding a judging school the evening before at 5pm Sat March 22, 2003. The cost for dinner is $5.

MASON DIXON CHAPTER, NCRS
INDOOR SPRING CHAPTER JUDGING MEET
SUNDAY March 23, 2003, Judging School Sat 3/22/03 - 5pm
Swanson Automotive - 6901 N. Ritchie Hwy. Glen Burnie, Md.
Meet location & directions: http://www.swansonautomotive.com

Thanks! ~Juliet
Old 02-28-2003, 02:20 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland (Juliet)

Sounds like fun, But damn what a long drive....
Let us know how much fun it was.... :seeya
Old 02-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland (Juliet)

Any idea on how long it take's to judge a C4??

Which of the 5 section's will take the longest to judge

:confused: :confused:
Old 03-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland (Roscoe's C3's)

I'm not 100% certain how long the C4 judging takes. I helped with some of the practice judging at the NCRS Nationals and that was the first time, so it was somewhat slow. I know Vito & the C4 team has done a lot of work revising the manuals and the operations procedures to smooth out the flow and speed things up considerably.

Typically operations checks are performed outside before bringing the cars inside for the judging. On the C1-C3's that takes about 20 minutes or so. Since the C4s have so many more gadgets to check, I'd imagine it will take longer. After that the cars are positioned indoors and the other 4 sections are judged. Teams move from one car to the next judging the same section for consistency across the division. In the past the judging has been done and tabulations completed by 3-4pm or so and then they hand out the awards to those meeting the flight criteria.

If you're going to OJ you're best picking an area of interest on a particular division and stay with that team the whole day. There really is a lot to be gained by looking at the same thing on 3-5 cars in a row. The variations in the factory tolerances and what-nots are most obvious that way. It'll give you a good feel for things. And you'll be amazed how much faster you're at it by the time you're at the last car - since by then you've read the manual details 3 or 4 times already and it actually starts to sink in. :jester

Hope to see a bunch of you there! I'll be on the C4 judging team - blonde hair and glasses. Be sure to introduce yourself. I'll try to remember to wear my Forum name badge. :lol: ~Juliet
Old 03-01-2003, 09:50 PM
RMS73
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 215 Posts

Is there a fee for those who would just want to come and look at the Corvettes? Is there a parts swap or is it just a judging exhibition?
Roger
Old 03-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland (RMS73)

If you're an NCRS member you should sign up ahead of time and send in your $5 for lunch. (We need a head count for planning purposes). If you just want to stop by and check it out, do so. :) I've never seen them charge admission at our chapter meet before. :lol: But you'll be on your own for lunch then. ;) There is no swap meet. But there is generally a good collection of cars for flight judging, Sportsman class and also a good collection of display cars going for their Duntov and other awards. ~Juliet
Old 03-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I will pass on the C-4 judging To :confused:

Think I will stick to theC3's :yesnod:

Good Luck
Old 03-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Sounds like you guys are going all out this year and all!!! Hate to "miss" this event and your hospitality, but all most all vacation pretty much divided up between the three NCRS Regionals, NCRS Nats, Bloomington & Corvettes@Carlisle. Well, maybe next year :grouphug:

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for 2 more C4s for our NCRS Chapter Meet Mar 23 Maryland