Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

(Chicagoland) Anywhere to buy buffer pads locally?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Chicago
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default (Chicagoland) Anywhere to buy buffer pads locally?

Are there any shops in Chicagoland where I can buy pads for a Porter Cable buffer? I already have cleaning and polishing pads, but I need a more aggressive (orange) pad to get some haze and swirl out. I don't want to order them off of the net, simply because I hate to pay huge shipping costs. I'd rather put that cash in my gas tank! Heck, if anyone has an extra they want to sell, just shoot me a PM. Thanks! Pat
Old 07-12-2005, 12:57 AM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago
Are there any shops in Chicagoland where I can buy pads for a Porter Cable buffer? I already have cleaning and polishing pads, but I need a more aggressive (orange) pad to get some haze and swirl out. I don't want to order them off of the net, simply because I hate to pay huge shipping costs. I'd rather put that cash in my gas tank! Heck, if anyone has an extra they want to sell, just shoot me a PM. Thanks! Pat

I am not sure as I havn't bought any, but I think there is a place around here called Key Stone that sells auto paint supplies. You may want to try them. I think it's in D.G. but I could be wrong. I'm sure one of those places could point you in the right direction.
-=Rick
Old 07-12-2005, 08:33 AM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Rick is right, its Ketone Industrial and Automotive. Closest one to me is on Belmont in Downers Grove but they have other locations - I just don't know where. Also try hunting for a Colorama. There used to be one on Ogden in Downers Grove and I know they have other stores as well.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Chicago
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Thank you for the info gentlemen! I appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

There is also a Porter Cable factory outlet and service center in Addison, Just North of Lake Street on Route 53 and Fullerton. They seem to have a pretty good inventory of accessories there.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Stilcrazee
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Fish
There is also a Porter Cable factory outlet and service center in Addison, Just North of Lake Street on Route 53 and Fullerton. They seem to have a pretty good inventory of accessories there.

That would be at the SW corner of old 53 and Fullerton which is North of North Avenue, SOUTH of Army Trail and Lake Street.

Terrace Supply, a body shop supply house on Addison Road, 1 block south of North Ave in Villa Park should also have pads.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Originally Posted by Stilcrazee
That would be at the SW corner of old 53 and Fullerton which is North of North Avenue, SOUTH of Army Trail and Lake Street.
My Bad, you are right. Not very far north of North Ave.

Get notified of new replies

To (Chicagoland) Anywhere to buy buffer pads locally?

Quick Reply: (Chicagoland) Anywhere to buy buffer pads locally?