Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Safe Carwash in Cincinnati

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safe Carwash in Cincinnati

Anyone know of a C6-friendly automatic carwash in the Cincinnati area?
Old 04-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Mallett Z
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Why not wash it yourself?! thats one of the best parts of owning a vette! plus i would never trust an automatic carwash with the vette.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Camaro4Life
Drifting

You didnt get the C6 packet with the DVD in it did you... assuming you bought the car brand new.

Well, if you got the packet, watch the DVD. It says never do an automatic carwash. Reasons are on the disk...

Old 04-05-2006, 11:18 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by blackLT496
Why not wash it yourself?! thats one of the best parts of owning a vette! plus i would never trust an automatic carwash with the vette.
There may be reasons some people can not wash their own cars like injuries etc.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

There are no friendly automatic washes. They all use some kind of harsh cleaners and soaps that strip waxes. You are better off tryin to find a all hand car wash. The wheels and underside can be damaged by an automatic wash as well.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:17 PM
vermjpv
Now a CTS-V Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 5-6-7 & 9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by DPG
There are no friendly automatic washes. They all use some kind of harsh cleaners and soaps that strip waxes. You are better off tryin to find a all hand car wash. The wheels and underside can be damaged by an automatic wash as well.
and I speak from experience!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Irish Whiskey
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vermjpv
and I speak from experience!!
505A's have to be the sweetest wheels around!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Irish Whiskey
Melting Slicks

Wash it yourself or get someone to hand wash it - it's the law!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:18 PM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Guys - I understand a hand wash is always better, but sometimes you just don't have time. My Monterey Red is a daily driver, and with all the spring rain we get in Cincinnati, it's filthy every day. After 5 days of commuting, it's covered in mud. I'd like to find an auto wash I can hit every couple days to get most of the dirt off. Given that it will rain every day for 10 days straight, I just might not have time the day it stops to give it a proper handwash.

And the answer the question earlier, the DVD manual that came with my car won't play in any of my DVD players. It isn't scratched, it just won't play correctly.

Somewhere in this city, though, is a trackless automatic wash that doesn't pull the car down those metal rails, and doesn't use those terrible brushes. I'm just trying to find it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:19 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Guys - I understand a hand wash is always better, but sometimes you just don't have time. My Monterey Red is a daily driver, and with all the spring rain we get in Cincinnati, it's filthy every day. After 5 days of commuting, it's covered in mud. I'd like to find an auto wash I can hit every couple days to get most of the dirt off. Given that it will rain every day for 10 days straight, I just might not have time the day it stops to give it a proper handwash.

And the answer the question earlier, the DVD manual that came with my car won't play in any of my DVD players. It isn't scratched, it just won't play correctly.

Somewhere in this city, though, is a trackless automatic wash that doesn't pull the car down those metal rails, and doesn't use those terrible brushes. I'm just trying to find it.

Thanks for the help.

Id like to find one in the Grand Rapids area too
Old 04-08-2006, 10:27 AM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DebRedC504
What a great town! I've been to GR a few times, seems like a wonderful place to live.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:51 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by SomeoneTakeTheWheel
What a great town! I've been to GR a few times, seems like a wonderful place to live.
It has its good things. If you are ever by this way let us know
Old 04-09-2006, 08:51 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Before my car was lowered and wad a DD, I would go to Mike Express carwashes. Car always looked pretty good plus their dryer did a great job. I would only have to touch up dry.

Now I juts go to a do it yourself in Symmes township that has horse hair brushes (Rather then nylon) and dry it myself. Costs me $1.00 and takes about 10 minutes.

Where abouts in Cincy are ya?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:11 AM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aquaman
Before my car was lowered and wad a DD, I would go to Mike Express carwashes. Car always looked pretty good plus their dryer did a great job. I would only have to touch up dry.

Now I juts go to a do it yourself in Symmes township that has horse hair brushes (Rather then nylon) and dry it myself. Costs me $1.00 and takes about 10 minutes.

Where abouts in Cincy are ya?
I live in little rural area between Indian Hill and Loveland, so Symmes Township is a 5 minute trip.

Let me make sure I am reading this right, your C6 fit through Mike's Express automatic wash ok? That place does a great job on our Land Rover, I would've never guessed a C6 could get through it. But it does?

And which DIY place do you use in Symmes? All the ones in Loveland/Milford use the nylon brushes and have terrible water pressure.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Powerdrive
Melting Slicks

I'll hit the spray bay for a quick rinse during the week when needed.... most have the spotless rinse anymore, so drying by hand isn't even a concern. Optimal drying speed is around 80
You won't get everything... but the car will look a hundred times better and this can get you through untill you can hand wash it.

Automatics pick up unseen dirt and grime from every car that passes though, then beat/ rub it all over your cars paint. Plus theres always that off chance some machine is gonna malfunction and cause damage.

I wont take my girlfriends Acura to an autowash.......And the Vette's paint will never see one. Spray bay or by hand

Last edited by Powerdrive; 04-09-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Ohiostatefan
Racer

Have you checked out the one on RT 48 between Loveland and Mainelville (near the TPC golf course). Its across from the Kroger's.
Not too far from you! There are actually 2 car washes there...one with hideous neon lights all over it and one more "upscale" brick building.

I can't give you feedback, because I hand wash mine, but you may want to try check those out.

Good Luck.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:39 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I think you might have gotten a friendlier response if you said you threw a puppy out the window

Not that its near you but near me there is a touchless spray wash. You drive in, put the car on the little plate and it starts. No under rails, nothing like that. You might want to look up Touchless car wash part manufactuers on the web, give them a call and ask if the sold to any car washes in your area. Can't be too many companies producing that stuff.

High pressure, does a moderate to ok job, but you'll come out scar free.

BTW, I hate washing my car, complete pain in the rear. I do it more often than I like simply because of the bugs on the front fascia. You don't get them off and you'll be repainting it soon. I've gotten more patient since now I do it in the garage with the AC on

Get notified of new replies

To Safe Carwash in Cincinnati

Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 AM
SomeoneTakeTheWheel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ohiostatefan
Have you checked out the one on RT 48 between Loveland and Mainelville (near the TPC golf course). Its across from the Kroger's.
Not too far from you! There are actually 2 car washes there...one with hideous neon lights all over it and one more "upscale" brick building.

I can't give you feedback, because I hand wash mine, but you may want to try check those out.

Good Luck.
I think I found the one you were talking about, Elegant Auto Detail. Unfortunately they're closed on Sunday, but the wife and I enjoyed a nice country drive.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Mallett Z
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by DebRedC504
hey deb,
i think there is a trackless one on 28th street and patterson, right across from circuit city. it is joined with a oil change. i went throught there once with the dd and if i remember right you drive your car onto a big belt. but im not sure what kind of brushes they have.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:35 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by blackLT496
hey deb,
i think there is a trackless one on 28th street and patterson, right across from circuit city. it is joined with a oil change. i went throught there once with the dd and if i remember right you drive your car onto a big belt. but im not sure what kind of brushes they have.

Thanks a lot Scott I know exactly where that is so I will check it out and see what they have going. Some place in this town there has to be a place I can trust to wash THE CAR when I can't.

Quick Reply: Safe Carwash in Cincinnati