Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Clear Coat Repair *DUW*

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Rider90
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Coat Repair *DUW*

Clear Coat Repair is a new service designed especially around repairing scratches, scuffs, scrapes, and surface marring. Utilizing top of the line products, the Porter Cable 7424 for the safest approach in Random Orbit technology, and 1500 Watts of direct lighting, I work with your clear coat to repair many of the problems seen in direct sunlight. This service can be can added on to any package for a low additional rate of $35.00/hour or purchased seperately at $40.00/hour.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

SIDE BY SIDE:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

THE FINAL RESULT:

Old 04-21-2007, 06:34 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

You do some great work. If I didn't enjoy detailing my cars myself so much, you would have my business.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Rider90
Racer

Originally Posted by perfectlyfrank
You do some great work. If I didn't enjoy detailing my cars myself so much, you would have my business.
Thank you for the compliment I love detailing so I can completely understand if you enjoy doing it yourself.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:40 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Jason...what gives? I PM'd you when you first posted to the forum and said you were going to be in Chesterfield, MI next month, I wanted you to removed the swirl marks in my clearcoat. You said you don't touch this kind of stuff?

If you do these kinds of repairs to clearcoat, you have a customer. Let me know.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Rider90
Racer

Originally Posted by luvmy82
Jason...what gives? I PM'd you when you first posted to the forum and said you were going to be in Chesterfield, MI next month, I wanted you to removed the swirl marks in my clearcoat. You said you don't touch this kind of stuff?

If you do these kinds of repairs to clearcoat, you have a customer. Let me know.
Suzanne,

This is the last PM I sent you:

"Suzanne,

Not advertised is my paint repair service...It consists of using a buffer and the appropriate pads, compounds, and solutions to fixing certain problems. When it comes to paint repair it is difficult to say "I can do that" without seeing the issue in person.

If you are interested, bring the car over one day while I am detailing and I will give it a good look-over and we'll go from there. If by chance I do not get the swirl marks out, you don't need to pay a dime. If you want to get scheduled, check out the itinerary, and pick an opening.

Thanks Suzanne.

Jason"

I didn't say that I would not touch the stuff, but I did say I would need to check it out in person. Unfortunately that message was from April 13th, and since then the Michigan trip has gotten booked up.

I would have held an opening for you, had I known you were still interested. I never got a reply from you? Had I gotten some sort of confirmation you were still interested, or if you had sent me another PM with the time slot picked out, I would have gladly accepted your reservation. I hope you can understand that the open slots were on a first come, first serve basis, and since our conversation they have all been reserved.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:05 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Swirl marks are swirl marks, it's not as if I took a Brillo pad to my car to wash it. My car is nowhere near as bad as the one in the photo you used in this post. That's why I was baffeld when I saw in this thread that you can remove swirl marks in paint, but didn't want to confirm with my car until you saw it in person?

Chesterfield is no Sunday drive for me, either. I'd hate to drive all the way there only to find out you can't remove swirl marks in a Torch Red Vette? Oh well...that's the way things go.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Rider90
Racer

Swirl marks are swirl marks, it's not as if I took a Brillo pad to my car to wash it. My car is nowhere near as bad as the one in the photo you used in this post. That's why I was baffeld when I saw in this thread that you can remove swirl marks in paint, but didn't want to confirm with my car until you saw it in person?

Chesterfield is no Sunday drive for me, either. I'd hate to drive all the way there only to find out you can't remove swirl marks in a Torch Red Vette? Oh well...that's the way things go.
Suzanne,

I have seen scratches & swirls that look like someone washed their car with an SOS pad and being asked to repair such issues requires me to evaluate it in person. The black car in the picture was evaluated when the car was dropped off, because that owner also asked in a similar fashion as you.

But since you don't fancy washing and waxing with brillo pads and gravel, If you are still interested, I may be able to help you during my stay. I have a Ford GT to do Monday May 14th, and can make an opening in the afternoon for you (1:00 PM - Evening) the car would not be ready until the morning, as I would work until the job is done, and would prefer you not wait around for me. If you're interested, we can talk over PM, and I am certainly sorry for any confusion or mis-understanding I may have caused.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:31 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

looks great man. It's amazing to see so many cars that come out of a detailing bay at some car wash places looking like your before pics after a detail. Do you use rotary buffers at all?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Rider90
Racer

Originally Posted by DPG
looks great man. It's amazing to see so many cars that come out of a detailing bay at some car wash places looking like your before pics after a detail. Do you use rotary buffers at all?
Not yet - although each type has its advantages, I have found that a lot can be done with the orbital PC with the right pads and compounds. In the future, I may offer my services with with a rotary but at the moment I am sticking with the orbital technology. If you use a rotary, share your thoughts. I would be interested in hearing them.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Yea I still love my pc as well. I'm still learning my rotary though I am getting a slight hazing effect still and from what I have read about and from the advice of the guys over in the car care section, they tell me that its from not keeping the pad flat. So I am working on keeping it flat. Just takes a lot of practice which I don't have a lot of time for at this moment I agree though the pc can go a long way and I still use it for the light jobs and to clean up some of the haze that I get from the rotary. The main advantage of the rotary is that it takes less time to clean up damage, but its also more dangerous.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Rider90
Racer

Originally Posted by DPG
Yea I still love my pc as well. I'm still learning my rotary though I am getting a slight hazing effect still and from what I have read about and from the advice of the guys over in the car care section, they tell me that its from not keeping the pad flat. So I am working on keeping it flat. Just takes a lot of practice which I don't have a lot of time for at this moment I agree though the pc can go a long way and I still use it for the light jobs and to clean up some of the haze that I get from the rotary. The main advantage of the rotary is that it takes less time to clean up damage, but its also more dangerous.
Thanks for the insight. I know a rotary, if not used correctly, can burn right through your paint. I feel like buying a junk car and trying to restore it's paint when I get a rotary, because if it burns through - who cares? On to the next panel!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:28 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Jasonsautospa
Suzanne,
I have a Ford GT to do Monday May 14th, and can make an opening in the afternoon for you (1:00 PM - Evening) the car would not be ready until the morning, as I would work until the job is done, and would prefer you not wait around for me. If you're interested, we can talk over PM, and I am certainly sorry for any confusion or mis-understanding I may have caused.
Crap! Unfortunately, I work full time, and won't be able to do May14th. :o Maybe there will be another time you can come to the metro Detroit area and we can make arrangements. Or, if there is a cancellation on the weekend you are here, just PM me. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 AM
cselz
Burning Brakes

Jason...sent you a PM.

-Chris
Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Rider90
Racer

Crap! Unfortunately, I work full time, and won't be able to do May14th. :o Maybe there will be another time you can come to the metro Detroit area and we can make arrangements. Or, if there is a cancellation on the weekend you are here, just PM me. Thanks!
Suzanne,

If there is a cancellation you will be first on my list to notify.

Thank you,

Jason
Old 04-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Rider90
Racer

Originally Posted by cselz
Jason...sent you a PM.

-Chris
Chris,

See you on Friday

Jason
Old 04-23-2007, 11:19 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Jasonsautospa
Thanks for the insight. I know a rotary, if not used correctly, can burn right through your paint. I feel like buying a junk car and trying to restore it's paint when I get a rotary, because if it burns through - who cares? On to the next panel!

I know what you mean, i have my winter beater to play with
Old 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Rider90
Racer

To those Corvette Owners that have already scheduled with me, I am offering this service as an add-on to Stage IV for a total of $310.00. Killer deal for some outstanding results!!

Get notified of new replies

To Clear Coat Repair *DUW*

Quick Reply: Clear Coat Repair *DUW*