Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Any crew members want to caravan Nitrous Street Car Brawl at Da Grove this Sat nite?

Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Any crew members want to caravan Nitrous Street Car Brawl at Da Grove this Sat nite?

I went to the Nitrous Street Car Brawl in June at Union Grove with my brother and nephews, and it was a COMPLETE GAS, with the Chicago Wise Guys running and many, many other super cool 11, 10, 9, and 8 second street cars racing from 6PM until around 11PM.

I am thinking of going again this Saturday night, August 11th, as I love watching this type of hardcore drag racing action and summer is moving along quickly. For $25 you can cruise your vette right into the pits and park right in the heart of all the action and know that your vette will not be messed with at all (and you can keep an eye on it if your **** about that stuff). I do this several times a year driving my vette up without any issues. It would be a blast to meet around 5PM at D&Bs in Addison in the vettes, and caravan up to the GROVE and make a really fun SATURDAY NIGHT out of this. Seeing these cars launch down the 1320, ESPECIALLY with the Wild and Crazy Chicago Wise Guys going 6.7x at 211 mph in the evening especially is a real adrenaline rush.

Is anyone interested in doing this or meeting at the track and this is a perfect one hour caravan from D&Bs. Post up if your interested in attending this wild and crazy event at DA GROVE on what should be a perfect August summer night and something completely different to do for a little change of pace from the regular cruise nights and luncheons, etc. Also, DA Grove has its food and beer stands open for this event so great place to great a hot dog and have a few brewskies while watching some kick azz drag racing action, not to mention always some hot chicks walking around!

Here is DA GROVE racing schedule link and if you scroll down on the right hand margin about 3/4 way down, you will see the add for the Nitrous Street Car Brawl Events and click on that for more info about this CRAZY event. This also makes for great family entertainment if your kids, significant others, etc., are into hard core spectator drag racing events!

http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/in...?page=schedule

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 08-09-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 AM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

SORRY JIMMY GOING TO THE ALMS RACE SATURDAY WITH THE Franks !
Old 08-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by johnnyvettes
SORRY JIMMY GOING TO THE ALMS RACE SATURDAY WITH THE Franks !

Oh yeah, that's right, there are a couple of you guys are going to the VINTAGE Races. Worth a shot anyways and have fun!

I will either be at DA GROVE or Lombard cruise night (if i get lazy) as there are a couple more nights for the STREET BRAWL at DA GROVE in late August and September!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 08-09-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
LDB C5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Jimmy; Been a while! I can't make Da Grove this Saturday night, we are celebrating our daughters 16th B-Day. I have been up for that several times in the past! My wife has a cousin that races a Camaro @ around 8.3 seconds! If you go, look for "Bad Gas Racing" Norb, Mitch & Matt. Tell them Len & Vera Say HI!!

Are you planning to go to Rolling Meadows on Friday 8/10??
Old 08-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by LDB C5
Hey Jimmy; Been a while! I can't make Da Grove this Saturday night, we are celebrating our daughters 16th B-Day. I have been up for that several times in the past! My wife has a cousin that races a Camaro @ around 8.3 seconds! If you go, look for "Bad Gas Racing" Norb, Mitch & Matt. Tell them Len & Vera Say HI!!

Are you planning to go to Rolling Meadows on Friday 8/10??

Sounds good LEN and if I go I'll look for them! I am 50/50 on Rolling Meadows right now, as I am partial to DOWNERS GROVE which ends in one month vs at least 2 months for ROLLING MEADOWS, and I have some cousins looking to hook up at DOWNERS this friday.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

After doing a little web surfing I just realized that this weekend Friday through Sunday, is the Super Chevy Show at Route 66, Joliet, IL! May have to hit both events.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 08-09-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

GUYS, probably going to blast up there in my vette and meet my nephew and friend who lives in WI about 1/2 hour from DA GROVE. You guys DON'T know what your missing out on with this AWESOME Drag Racing Spectacle (ESPECIALLY if you never seen the Chicago Wise Guys run at 6.76 at 211 mph)!

Jump in your vettes, grab your honey, and take a nice 1 hour cruise up north for a little change of pace and you won't be disappointed!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 08-11-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:01 PM
SupermanZ
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
GUYS, probably going to blast up there in my vette and meet my nephew and friend who lives in WI about 1/2 hour from DA GROVE. You guys DON'T know what your missing out on with this AWESOME Drag Racing Spectacle (ESPECIALLY if you never seen the Chicago Wise Guys run at 6.76 at 211 mph)!

Jump in your vettes, grab your honey, and take a nice 1 hour cruise up north for a little change of pace and you won't be disappointed!
Jimmy, this really sounds cool and since some of us went to AMLS, I'd like to try and make one of other ones later this year. Please post up if and when you go again.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by C6 Frank
Jimmy, this really sounds cool and since some of us went to AMLS, I'd like to try and make one of other ones later this year. Please post up if and when you go again.

I didn't make it as I ran out of steam today and ended up in Lombard for a couple of hours, and I certainly will post up on this in the future. I know the GRAND season FINALE is on Sunday September 30, 2007, and we should plan on attending that as you and the other crew members would really enjoy it FRANK!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:42 AM
RandyVettes
Life's Short. Drive Hard.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'09

Carol and I went from about 730 to 10 PM. It was COOL - The baddest cars turned 7.2xx's!!! at almost 200 MPH!!! Pics tomorrow, nite nite.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by RandyVettes
Carol and I went from about 730 to 10 PM. It was COOL - The baddest cars turned 7.2xx's!!! at almost 200 MPH!!! Pics tomorrow, nite nite.
WOW RANDY,

You guys are really HARD CORE I LOVE it as you made road america and this on the way home. MAN, I would of been motivated and shot up there had I known you guys were going to go during prime time for the evening show!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 AM
RandyVettes
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Here are the PICS. The wind was blowing the smoke right into the stands.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by RandyVettes
Here are the PICS. The wind was blowing the smoke right into the stands.

GReat pics, and classic with Broadway BOB!

That's a cool old Nostagilic Soveniour Shop Broadway Bob has and I was just in there during the MOPAR drag racing event a couple of weeks ago.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 PM
RandyVettes
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
That's a cool old Nostagilic Soveniour Shop Broadway Bob has...
Some of that same "treasure" was for sale 25+ years ago when I used to test n tune!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

This a is long time friend of mine Phil Stoll. He has won the last 2 AMA prostar races running a turbo bike deep in the 7's @ 200 + ON A STREET TIRE!!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:56 PM
RandyVettes
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by tommyn
This was the longest slowest lift I have ever seen. Probably took 1/8 mile or more and he probably didn't want the front to go up as high as it did because he had to get off the throttle a little towards the end of his pass. Straightest launch and run on a bike that night though!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Phil is wheels up a lot, Turbo bikes do lift like that.

Here is his nova:

Get notified of new replies

To Any crew members want to caravan Nitrous Street Car Brawl at Da Grove this Sat nite?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any crew members want to caravan Nitrous Street Car Brawl at Da Grove this Sat nite?