Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Tail light blackouts in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Justin01SS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tail light blackouts in Ohio

So folks, got a warning yesterday about my black outs on my vette. Apparently the law states that you need at least 2 red reflectors on the back of your car. Has anyone kept their black outs and installed something to keep them legal on the back of their Vette? I know you can buy reflectors and such but I also want to keep it from looking cheesy too.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:28 PM
DonBuralli
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Justin01SS
So folks, got a warning yesterday about my black outs on my vette. Apparently the law states that you need at least 2 red reflectors on the back of your car. Has anyone kept their black outs and installed something to keep them legal on the back of their Vette? I know you can buy reflectors and such but I also want to keep it from looking cheesy too.
Its a warning. Ive had mine on for more than a year now, with cops following right behind me on many, many occasions. Never gotten pulled over in my Corvette once. (which is hilarious because i had a grand prix for only 3 months and got pulled over 4 times....). I dont know how much stricter they are in Ohio about it but theyre technically illegal here also.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
glassvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

justin i have ran my blackouts for over six years and never had a problem
Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 AM
DevilDog II
Race Director

Received 888 Likes on 553 Posts
Oldtimer

I've seen cars with blackouts so dark that you could barely see the brake lights in the daytime. I'm not sure about the motor vehicle law, but I'd think the manufacturer might incur some civil liability in the case of a rear end crash where the brake lights are difficult to see.

Get notified of new replies

To Tail light blackouts in Ohio

Quick Reply: Tail light blackouts in Ohio