Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Polyurethene How much of a nighmare to change?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Rippers
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polyurethene How much of a nighmare to change?

Well the Title says it all. Polyurethene How much of a nighmare to change? Have you done it and how bad was it?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i assume your talking about bushings.

theyre pretty much the same as the old rubber bushings. if one can be done with hand, the other can be done with hand. if one needs a press, the other needs a press.

just lube the polys up with good marine grease before you install, or the polys may squeak like hell. ive never had a single sound out of my full set, front and rear, but ive heard of other people complaining about squeaking.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:17 PM
EG99HardTop
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did My C5... best way is to drop one at a time. ( upper/ lower A arms, and spindle assy.) then separate on ground. Need a good ball joint sep.tool and a good ball joint press. Cut old bushings lips-use torch to heat, and hammer out. Clean and scotch brite aluminum ,clean bores and press in new bushings. Also need a couple good C clamps . Also a good time to install coilovers. Is it a pain ITB yes,but each axel gets easier !!

Get notified of new replies

To Polyurethene How much of a nighmare to change?

Quick Reply: Polyurethene How much of a nighmare to change?