Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

New SEATS and 4LT package for 2012 C6 - First Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Default New SEATS and 4LT package for 2012 C6 - First Pics!

For those that don't peruse the General Section everyday, I thought this was interesting. I took these pics and wrote the comments based on what the Chief Engineer of the BG Assembly Plant announced at the Cruise-In. This is copied from the C6 General thread - so ignore if you already saw this there!

The new 4LT interior was on display today for the first time at the CorvetteForum Cruise-In. Tom Hill - Corvette Plant Engineer said that these seats were put in the car just yesterday for the first time. He also detailed other changes including the speaker placement on the dash, etc.

The new seat is a big improvement, especially the shoulder bolsters that seem to really round out the comfort, particularly for "spirited" driving. The actual headrest seemed to be very hard and stiff, compared to the current seat.

Here are a few pics...

Here's the new speaker placement:

For those that mentioned it, GM IS listening. Tom Hill made a big point on that.

Also, the stiching on the 4LT can match the color of the car. You can also match the color of the calipers. On the Grand Sport, the chrome emblem (that many don't like - I like mine), can be switched to black if you choose. And the suede is very nice too.

I really like the feel of the new wheel, too. Very nice. All they had on display was the 4LT, but overall it looked a lot cleaner and more refined. I hope this carries over to all the packages. But bottom line, after what I've seen, that if I was going to order again, I'd definitely get the 4LT

Another point of interest was Tom Hill discussion of the GM Navigation system. He agreed that it sucks. But explained why they haven't done much with it. In summary, at the time when they were developing the C6, what GM decided on was state-of-the-art at the time. The next step is to designed the required size/electrical/components, etc. into the architechtural design of the instrumentation panel. As technology for the Nav got (significantly) better, they were "stuck" with what they had without having to do substantial changes to the panel. He agreed that that is one of the most frustrating issues to the engineering team on Corvette, as they know it can be better, but right now their hands are tied.

Here's a few more pics:

Last edited by TOBASCO; 06-01-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

about time they look sweet .
Old 06-02-2011, 08:36 AM
SupermanZ
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

The seats look cool, but not crazy about the headrest. Still it looks like Chevy is making a better attempt to keep up with current trends.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,309 Likes on 13,980 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The seats do look good. Once they come out, wonder how long it will be before a set finds their way into a C5?

Get notified of new replies

To New SEATS and 4LT package for 2012 C6 - First Pics!

Quick Reply: New SEATS and 4LT package for 2012 C6 - First Pics!