Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

West Mi Crew Trip to Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 06:55 PM
08C6Vert
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slolane
I just watched the videos again I am ready to slay the dragon again
I'm ready to test out the new Pilot Super Sports! Hang on Betty!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 AM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

Ok Dragon goer's, The time is getting closer for our trip. If you are still interested in going please reserve your room NOW. I will be cancelling the remaining rooms available next week Tuesday, Sept 23. I still need to know who will be traveling down from Grand Rapids area and who we will joining along the way.

So if you are on the fence about going, you have 1 week to make your plans. Hope we can get some more for the trip. Any questions? PM me
Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM
jallen355
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish I would not have missed this thread. My GF and I have a trip planed and have a nice cabin rented in the Gatlinburg area 10/17-?? If anyone is going to be up there later in the week or the following weekend/week, we'll be running around in a blacked out C5 (if I can get it put back together in time) or a silver ZO6. It'd be nice to compare must see destinations and have some others to rat the roads with!

Last edited by jallen355; 09-15-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:59 PM
idaband
Racer

Last chance to get on the bandwagon for Factory Tour. I plan on doing the Factory Tour Wednesday morning 8:30 am. I'm not going to spend $200 on the VIP one since I'd be the only person. If there was at least one more person I'd be willing to split the $200. For $200 up to 4 people can do the VIP tour.

Monday and Tuesday I'll be doing the Bourbon Trail. Tuesday night I'll be in BG KY. Get up early and do the factory tour...then I'm thinking about tracking the new motor sport track at the museum. If anyone wants to join let me know. I plan on getting my rooms within the next few days.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:48 AM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

I will be there two weeks from today whoohoo
Old 09-20-2014, 08:25 AM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

OK, last weekend to get your reservations in for the trip. I plan on canceling the remaining rooms available come Tuesday morning. If you want some fun with a great group, this is the trip for you. Hope those still on the fence can get away for a few days for some fun.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

I need a conformation from those leaving Wed from West Mich. Also those of those who are planning on joining us on the way down. Please post your plans.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Black94LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'14

Originally Posted by CoupeC5man
I need a conformation from those leaving Wed from West Mich. Also those of those who are planning on joining us on the way down. Please post your plans.
We'll be in Gatlinburg waiting for everyone to arrive
Old 09-21-2014, 06:38 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by Black94LT1
We'll be in Gatlinburg waiting for everyone to arrive
I will be there early Saturday the 4th
Old 09-24-2014, 08:10 AM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

All available rooms are now canceled. If your still looking to go you are going to get your own room at another motel. These rooms will go fast.

Still looking for confirmation from a couple of people of people on meeting places on the way down.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:12 AM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8-9 Veteran

Remember to bring a chair if you have room for it in your car makes it easier to sit around and plan the days events
Old 09-27-2014, 07:45 AM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

Remember to bring a chair if you have room for it in your car makes it easier to sit around and plan the days events
All right Let us know about construction on the way down too Don. Looks like Scott and I are the only ones leaving Wed morning, then meeting up with one other on the way down.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:33 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8-9 Veteran

Looks like the LS7 in my car lost a valve today So the new plan is for me to ride my bike down to the Dragon I hope you guys don't mind but its that or nothing I want to thank Scott Orange for staying with me till the tow truck came. Then helping me get the car in its resting place and help pulling the plugs Thank you Scott for everything. As soon as I broke down I sent a txt to Tim Barbie ( 89vert ) he was at my side in less than 15min. Thank you Tim I know you would have stayed if you could have Thank you both you guys are awesome
Old 09-27-2014, 07:17 PM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

Looks like the LS7 in my car lost a valve today So the new plan is for me to ride my bike down to the Dragon I hope you guys don't mind but its that or nothing I want to thank Scott Orange for staying with me till the tow truck came. Then helping me get the car in its resting place and help pulling the plugs Thank you Scott for everything. As soon as I broke down I sent a txt to Tim Barbie ( 89vert ) he was at my side in less than 15min. Thank you Tim I know you would have stayed if you could have Thank you both you guys are awesome
Sorry for the bad news Don. Hope you can get some good news on a fix. Scott has been telling me so many things that it might be and what can be done. On the bright side of it , at least you were close to home and not on your way to the Dragon.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:32 PM
89vert
Drifting

Anytime Don. Not to detract from the thread but let me know when you want to dig into it.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:28 PM
08C6Vert
Racer

Sad to hear the news Don... Please let me know how I might assist.

I will call or text you this Saturday as we get closer to Gatlinburg. Hoping to arrive early enough to have dinner with you!

Old 09-30-2014, 06:49 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

If this was next yr (fall '15) I would have asked to join you all. Have a fantastic time and pls post lots of pics.

Get notified of new replies

To West Mi Crew Trip to Dragon

Old 09-30-2014, 11:13 AM
idaband
Racer

sorry to hear Don.

But on other news....I'm leaving Next Monday...
I had a few questions for everyone that has done it before...
Do you have a "list" of things you recommend I bring?

I also have BOTH FSU's that went bad...so now both tanks can't tell me how much fuel is let.... Guess its going to be $$ next year. Going to throw a new clutch in at the same time I have the FSU's replaced...need to find someone cheaper than GM to do the work....2 bottles of techron soaking in a FULL tank of gas right now.

Also...does anyone have any connection to the new Motor park....?!?? I'd love to run it...made a phone call ...they said no one can run on it...only groups.... but I'm sure if someone could help with some connection I'd love to run the tack...even if I wasn't "flying" on it...still be fun to say I tracked it once around or something.

Thanks everyone.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:26 AM
CoupeC5man
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by idaband
sorry to hear Don.

But on other news....I'm leaving Next Monday...
I had a few questions for everyone that has done it before...
Do you have a "list" of things you recommend I bring?

I also have BOTH FSU's that went bad...so now both tanks can't tell me how much fuel is let.... Guess its going to be $$ next year. Going to throw a new clutch in at the same time I have the FSU's replaced...need to find someone cheaper than GM to do the work....2 bottles of techron soaking in a FULL tank of gas right now.

Also...does anyone have any connection to the new Motor park....?!?? I'd love to run it...made a phone call ...they said no one can run on it...only groups.... but I'm sure if someone could help with some connection I'd love to run the tack...even if I wasn't "flying" on it...still be fun to say I tracked it once around or something.

Thanks everyone.

First, take your camera. Lots of pics to be taken. As Don mentioned before, take a chair. It may be warm there so take some warm and cool weather clothes. Leave your work at home and get ready for a lot of fun and driving.

One thing to plan on is everyone getting together Wed night for dinner somewhere. Those there early can scope out a good place to go.We will go day by day on any plans on what to do or just go off on your own.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 PM
idaband
Racer

Originally Posted by CoupeC5man
First, take your camera. Lots of pics to be taken. As Don mentioned before, take a chair. It may be warm there so take some warm and cool weather clothes. Leave your work at home and get ready for a lot of fun and driving.

One thing to plan on is everyone getting together Wed night for dinner somewhere. Those there early can scope out a good place to go.We will go day by day on any plans on what to do or just go off on your own.
I know Don has my number. I'll be leaving BG, early afternoon. It should take me about 4 hours to get there. If any else wants my number feel free to send me a message.

Quick Reply: West Mi Crew Trip to Dragon